Samsung pay thread part II

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I love Samsung pay! I use it as much as I can. I didn't realize that at some places, where it was declining every time, that instead of trying to put my pin number in, I hit credit and bam! it worked! Also, the rewards progrm is great! I used my points and I actually won the wireless fast charger!

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I find Samsung Pay works at fewer and fewer places for me, if it's a reader that takes "chipped" cards, Samsung Pay fails, very annoying

next time make sure when the screen pops up for your pin, don't put your pin in, make sure you run it as credit. I think I figured that if you try to put your pin in it doesn't work, because that pin is for your card, not the card the Samsung pay is attached to.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I used it at a Family Dollar store today. I received a card error three times so I moved it to the top of the reader to use NFC & received the card error again. I knew it had to work because I have used it in that same store and other Family Dollar stores. On the 5th try I moved my phone up a little more on the card swipe & it went through. LOL...I'm learning to not give up. Majority of the time if I get an error it is usually the cashier or my fault.

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
another first today, i was asked for the 3 digit security code on the back. I see the (generated) last 4 digits but wasnt sure if i should have just used the 3 digit code on back of card or where to look. It was at a Loves truckstop and they always ask for the 3 number code on the back when i use my regular card too.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That's good to hear. I thought CVS shut it off as they using CVS pay. I'll have to try it. Thanks.

That is true - CVS doesn't support any tap and pay since they use their own app, so the only "contactless" pay option you have there (other than their app) is Samsung Pay since it would work with their magnetic card reader. Samsung Pay is great.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
another first today, i was asked for the 3 digit security code on the back. I see the (generated) last 4 digits but wasnt sure if i should have just used the 3 digit code on back of card or where to look. It was at a Loves truckstop and they always ask for the 3 number code on the back when i use my regular card too.

Interesting, I have never been asked for the CVC code unless it was for a purchase where the card was not physically present (like online shopping). That's weird.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it's possible to shut off samsung pay. Walmart has Walmart pay and it works there. Samsung works on any kind of card reader I've tried, "tap and pay" or not, it works

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I used it at a Family Dollar store today. I received a card error three times so I moved it to the top of the reader to use NFC & received the card error again. I knew it had to work because I have used it in that same store and other Family Dollar stores. On the 5th try I moved my phone up a little more on the card swipe & it went through. LOL...I'm learning to not give up. Majority of the time if I get an error it is usually the cashier or my fault.
Lol. Matter of placement and cashier screen set

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You'll see the four digit code on the front of the Samsung pay version of your cards it'll say give this number to cashier.
Interesting, I have never been asked for the CVC code unless it was for a purchase where the card was not physically present (like online shopping). That's weird.

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
This morning at Bob Evans. Worked like a charm.
0a377f276a5cde5ae338c84f7400348f.jpg

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
You'll see the four digit code on the front of the Samsung pay version of your cards it'll say give this number to cashier.
I gave that code, didnt work. Its just a LOVES truck stop thing. THey always ask for the 3 ccv code when using cc. This was the 1st time i tries samsung pay there. I will try using the actual card 3 digit ccv next time i guess

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Actually, the CVC code isn't the 4 digit code listed on Samsung Pay.. that's just the last 4 digits of the faux CC number that it created for your card that sometimes the cashier needs to complete the transaction.

The CVC security code is usually the 3 digit number that is listed on the back of the credit card, or the 4 digit number printed on the front of an Amex card. I am only usually asked for this when using my card when ordering something online or where I am not using my card physically.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Went to a small Italian pizza shop. They pulled out their little portable card reader and he was bewildered when I paid with my phone.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I gave that code, didnt work. Its just a LOVES truck stop thing. THey always ask for the 3 ccv code when using cc. This was the 1st time i tries samsung pay there. I will try using the actual card 3 digit ccv next time i guess

I just encountered this for the first time. I was at Kroger Turkey Hill Gas station. It was a convenience store separate from a Kroger. The card reader was attached to the screen & the cashier took my phone to scan, it went through but asked for the 3 digit code so I had to use a different payment method. There were at least 3 other stores nearby so I never would have stopped here if I had known Spay would not work.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
next time make sure when the screen pops up for your pin, don't put your pin in, make sure you run it as credit. I think I figured that if you try to put your pin in it doesn't work, because that pin is for your card, not the card the Samsung pay is attached to.

It used to work two months ago. But ever since the recent updates the payment will only go through as credit now. This can be annoying if I need to take out money from my account using debit. Can't do that now.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I had an interesting one today. I was paying for postage at the post office with my phone and I scanned it on their scanner. Their scanner said put in the last four digits and according to Samsung pay it was not the four digits of the card it was an encoded four digits those four digits did not work the ones that did work were the actual last 4 digits on the credit card that's in Samsung pay. I'm not sure why that would be but at least it worked.

Ok you got me confused... Which four digit pin worked? The ones on your actual card? Or the ones from Samsung Pay?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had a little entertainment again yesterday. I paid at Applebee's to go . I reached over and held it over the card slide built into their register and they were just looking at me like I had magic powers.😄

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy