Samsung pay thread part II

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Loves truck stop today, card worked fine , was asked for 3 digit ccv code and i gave them the ACTUAL 3 numbers on the physical card. Worked this time.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Finally user Samsung Pay at Starbucks with the S3 watch. Lady behind the counter was floored, swore it wouldn't work but it did. Sweet victory

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
One of the biggest kicks I get is when seeing stupid signs like this on a card reader and I can ignore it and just Ibuse the phone😎
89f68559e58e2d7422f82737a5478919.jpg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Did you take the phone vase off and wait for the tap pay symbol to show on the screen? At mine I hold the phone sideways over it and it works everytime. Subway here has a similar card reader.
The Starbucks reader by my job started shading me again. Kept declining when I tried to use my Samsung pay. 😠

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you take the phone vase off and wait for the tap pay symbol to show on the screen? At mine I hold the phone sideways over it and it works everytime. Subway here has a similar card reader.
It has worked before with my case on and I did wait for the tap screen. After trying 3 times I gave up. Lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It may be their reader. They mention anything about issues with cards.
I think it is the reader because before I was using the reader on the left and there wasn't a problem. They did not say there was anything wrong with the card. I was able to use the physical card with no issue.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Works at HEB. Finally got to use it there today. It was hard at first because of the reader, but it worked. The cashier was excited because he said he'd never seen anyone try it.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Funny story, I was at a Hallmark card store picking up cards for Valentine's Day, and when I went to pay there were two cashiers at the register. The woman ringing me up gave me my total and as I went to pay with my phone the woman assisting her in bagging, says to me, oh we don't take Apple pay here. And the other lady chimes in and says no his phone works here he's the only one that can do it here. I laughed and said wow you remember! That really made my day!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Funny story, I was at a Hallmark card store picking up cards for Valentine's Day, and when I went to pay there were two cashiers at the register. The woman ringing me up gave me my total and as I went to pay with my phone the woman assisting her in bagging, says to me, oh we don't take Apple pay here. And the other lady chimes in and says no his phone works here he's the only one that can do it here. I laughed and said wow you remember! That really made my day!
Love it! A little annoying at times having to explain but always get a good luck out of it

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
OK, I've been noticing some interesting items as of late. The Ingenico readers that are mainly at 7-11 in the Central Florida area are hit and miss. Depends on the software being used. They were upgraded twice in the past few months. After the first upgrade, they worked fine, but then they upgraded again and it rendered my SP worthless. I guess some of them have been update again recently as they will display a symbol for wireless transactions.

I've had 100% success with the Verifone readers, however. Same at Wawa and Publix. However, I did notice that if the cashier takes too much time to complete the transaction on their end, the transaction will fail. I had to have the Publix cashier do whatever it is they do a 2nd time after it failed on me (they continued bagging stuff after I had already used my SP on the terminal and it sat there for a good minute waiting on the cashier).

Bottom line is it's more about the terminal than the location. I noticed some of you mentioned Home Depot working, but I have yet to get it to work there at the one I go to all the time. It's the only place I've never gotten it to work, but it's also one of the Ingenico terminals, so perhaps pending an update to the software will rectify it. I have a friend in the Portland area that noticed the same thing with the Ingenicos, so perhaps it's the terminal itself.

Anyone more knowledgeable than this poor IT guy, please chime in. I'm open to discussion on this further.