11-07-2016 10:33 AM
73 123
tools
    I've had the s7 edge since launch. About a week ago I grabbed an iPhone to try for the first time ever. Been back and forth. IPhones are just so blah. Can't customize anything. Just so locked down. The only thing I like is they have battery consumption on lock. My s7 edge burns through battery much faster, but I can get charged back up much faster too.
    11-03-2016 08:34 PM
    my opinion may be biased, but I don't think the iphone 7 is a match for the S7 or S7E, my wife got the iphone 7 and all I kept hearing was the battery was much improved, she still needs to charge it part way through the day, last week I was out with 5 other iphone users, they were all discussing their battery levels and hoping they made it through the night without dying lol my Edge easily makes it through the day and night til bed time with plenty of battery to spare, the ONLY things the iphone has over the S7/E is imessage and icloud backups, I've never been able to get Samsung backup to work......ever! and the iphone is so vanilla and locked down, any dullard, hipster, or senior citizen can work it
    Christine Aflak and buzzy3970 like this.
    11-03-2016 09:38 PM
    S7 Edge is a complete package, the best ever!
    Alan Sims and Christine Aflak like this.
    11-04-2016 10:19 AM
    My battery on the s7edge is not great by any means. I have the ez disabler pro and disabled a bunch of bloat but still not very good. Lucky to get 4 to 4 1/2 sot
    11-04-2016 11:19 AM
    My battery on the s7edge is not great by any means. I have the ez disabler pro and disabled a bunch of bloat but still not very good. Lucky to get 4 to 4 1/2 sot
    I'm lucky if I get 3 1/2! It is definitely the Samsung software because I was easily getting over 5 hours on the pixel XL which is stock
    11-04-2016 01:21 PM
    Just ridiculous for a flagship device.
    11-04-2016 01:36 PM
    Wonder if some of those disabled pro apps may be an actual battery drain cause
    11-04-2016 02:45 PM
    I thought the same and ran it with everything enabled and it was worse
    11-04-2016 03:08 PM
    I actually use both an iPhone and an S7 Edge. Work is the iPhone, personal is the Edge. There is NO comparison in my mind. Apple is so boring when it comes to their phones and OS. iOS 10 was supposed to be this AMAZING thing but all it did was add a few tweaks to messaging (who the hell cares if balloons scatter in the background when you say "Happy Birthday" to you godson, plus....if he doesn't have an iPhone he will NEVER KNOW!).

Samsung is leader, hands down. VR, customization, camera, innovation, design, curved glass....I mean, I realize that Apple has their 'fan boy' base but in all honesty....Apple has really done NOTHING NEW with their phones for many years. They look the same and they behave the same (save for the iOS going a bit faster). At least Samsung is willing to take risks and willing to push the envelope!

And I LOVE how everyone says that Samsung copies Apple. Can we talk about the fact that Samsung debuted the Note at IFA in Berlin in 2011 and the iPhone 6 Plus was announced THREE YEARS LATER!?!??! I mean come on.....if anyone is copying anyone it is Apple realizing they needed to capitalize on the market of us 'Plus' people.....

S7 Edge vs iPhone 7 Plus. Edge better?-iphone-evolution.jpg
    mmcclure0453 and buzzy3970 like this.
    11-04-2016 03:37 PM
    I'm lucky if I get 3 1/2! It is definitely the Samsung software because I was easily getting over 5 hours on the pixel XL which is stock
    The S7 Edge could easily manage 6 hours SOT when it was first released. Subsequent software updates have made it progressively worse.
    11-05-2016 05:02 AM
    Imho the 7 plus is a superb phone. Very fast and a beautiful screen. Feels good in hand too, well built. The only things I find not quite as nice are the borders around the screen but even they serve a purpose and the lack of a headphone jack but there are ways around.
    11-05-2016 05:35 AM
    The S7 Edge could easily manage 6 hours SOT when it was first released. Subsequent software updates have made it progressively worse.
    I agree, somehow each update has made it worse and worse.
    11-05-2016 06:39 AM
    The awfulness of the email experience on Android is making me miss at least that one aspect of iOS...

The stock iOS email application does it all. It supports Exchange/ActiveSync, two-step authentication (Yahoo! email), Gmail and countless others. It does so seamlessly without drama. Set it and forget it.

I've tried TypeApp and BlueMail, both huge battery hogs. I'm currently using the 14 day trial of NewtonMail (was CloudMagic) but will uninstall if I really have to pay $50/Year to use it (seriously?) - it doesn't support Yahoo two step authentication I had to downgrade security on that account. The Gmail application fails to sync calendar or contacts on an Exchange account, just results in constant Cloud Sync errors. The Samsung stock email application is OK, but can't set "next message on delete" option - it always returns to the inbox, and it doesn't support two-step authentication either.

I haven't tried K9 yet, or Alto, Outlook I don't even remember what showstopper I found with it, but I found one.

Sorry for venting, but this is the only thing so far that I've found about Android that is demonstrably sup-par to iOS. Email is just such a critical feature...
    I use MailDroid. It supports Exchange, TFA, push email, mail deletion only on the device (that's a big deal for me), individual account notification (both LED and sound), the whole thing. I use it with my Outlook and Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo accounts. There's no yearly charge either -- I think it's less than $10 just once. There's a free version that has ads, but they really get in the way. If you like it, you'll want the paid version.
    11-05-2016 12:15 PM
    I easily get 6 hours of SOT..well it also depends which processor u have...i have exynos.
    11-05-2016 08:19 PM
    Been using iPhones from the iPhone 4 up to the 6 plus. I gave the 's' version a miss as it didn't bring enough new to warrant buying it.

After watching the Apple keynote and having hands on experience with the 7 and iOS 10 it just doesn't bring anything new to me to again warrant buying it. The removal of the earphones jack wasn't a deal breaker as I use wireless.

So that prompted me to sell the iPhone 6 Plus and buy the s7 edge.

I know I've said this in other threads but the customisation on this device is off the chart.

A few teething hiccups at first after using iOS and iPhones for such a long time but I adapted.

Overall very happy.

At last I can place an app icon pretty much where I want without having to jail break first. Sounds a little unimportant for some but for an iPhone user it can be a bug bear.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    11-06-2016 02:32 AM
    I easily get 6 hours of SOT..well it also depends which processor u have...i have exynos.
    +1

I am now on an average of 8.5 hrs SOT with 2 days on battery. I actually found that updates so far increased battery life. I started on about 7 to 7.5 hours of SOT. (Exynos)
    11-06-2016 03:33 AM
    I personally recommend iPhone 7 because of its unique designs and better features offered by apple
    11-06-2016 04:01 AM
    I haven't really notice any issues with my S7 edge but then again I've only had this phone about 7 days now. I would have gotten the Note 5 but I'm having a very hard time finding it.
    11-06-2016 04:25 AM
    This is my personal recommendation because I found I phone 7 useful many times
    11-06-2016 04:32 AM
    my opinion may be biased, but I don't think the iphone 7 is a match for the S7 or S7E, my wife got the iphone 7 and all I kept hearing was the battery was much improved, she still needs to charge it part way through the day, last week I was out with 5 other iphone users, they were all discussing their battery levels and hoping they made it through the night without dying lol my Edge easily makes it through the day and night til bed time with plenty of battery to spare, the ONLY things the iphone has over the S7/E is imessage and icloud backups, I've never been able to get Samsung backup to work......ever! and the iphone is so vanilla and locked down, any dullard, hipster, or senior citizen can work it
    I too wonder where are all these magical iPhone battery's when I constantly see people needing to charge theirs before the day is over 😂
    11-06-2016 10:53 AM
    I personally recommend iPhone 7 because of its unique designs and better features offered by apple
    The design is one of the reasons I like the S7E over the iPhone 7 or the 7+. The 7 seems too small and the 7+ too big and bulky (after a case is added, I have children...a case is a necessity) whereas the S7E is a great size. The same 5.5" screen size in a smaller footprint, if you will. Easy to use 1 handed and will easily fit in my front pocket. Look, Apple makes a great phone (I've had several of them) I just like the fact I can change things up on android. I have also never really experienced the dreaded "lag" either. I mean, all phones stutter, lag and maybe even freeze up from time to time - but I've never had serious issues on either platform.
    I also here people say - with Apple if you have issues you go to an Apple store and they will fix it or give you a new phone instead of having to mail the phone in for service. That may be true, however I live 4 hours from the nearest Apple store so that doesn't help me at all.
    I actually think the S7E has better designs than the iPhone and since I don't have any other Mac products I'm not married to that ecosystem and have some freedom when it comes to choosing a phone.
    11-07-2016 12:22 AM
    The design is one of the reasons I like the S7E over the iPhone 7 or the 7+. The 7 seems too small and the 7+ too big and bulky (after a case is added, I have children...a case is a necessity) whereas the S7E is a great size. The same 5.5" screen size in a smaller footprint, if you will. Easy to use 1 handed and will easily fit in my front pocket. Look, Apple makes a great phone (I've had several of them) I just like the fact I can change things up on android. I have also never really experienced the dreaded "lag" either. I mean, all phones stutter, lag and maybe even freeze up from time to time - but I've never had serious issues on either platform.
    I also here people say - with Apple if you have issues you go to an Apple store and they will fix it or give you a new phone instead of having to mail the phone in for service. That may be true, however I live 4 hours from the nearest Apple store so that doesn't help me at all.
    I actually think the S7E has better designs than the iPhone and since I don't have any other Mac products I'm not married to that ecosystem and have some freedom when it comes to choosing a phone.
    I think the most appealing thing with the s7 edge is the smaller footprint. I had bought a pixel XL and sold it because it was too bulky for me, has the same size screen as the s7e yet I couldn't accomplish anything one handed like I can on my s7e. No idea how I managed the 6s Plus before I got my s7e. I won't go back to Apple unless the come out with a middle man size in between the 4.7" and 5.5" I heard a rumor about the iPhone 8 coming in a 5" size option...hoping that's true!
    11-07-2016 06:32 AM
    The S7e's size is one of its outstanding attributes. Samsung really stepped up their design game starting with the S6 and it continues to show in their new devices. One of the things I like about the S7e is that it has a uniqueness about it.
    11-07-2016 10:33 AM
73 123