S7 Edge vs iPhone 7 Plus. Edge better?

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Imho the 7 plus is a superb phone. Very fast and a beautiful screen. Feels good in hand too, well built. The only things I find not quite as nice are the borders around the screen but even they serve a purpose and the lack of a headphone jack but there are ways around.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The awfulness of the email experience on Android is making me miss at least that one aspect of iOS...

The stock iOS email application does it all. It supports Exchange/ActiveSync, two-step authentication (Yahoo! email), Gmail and countless others. It does so seamlessly without drama. Set it and forget it.

I've tried TypeApp and BlueMail, both huge battery hogs. I'm currently using the 14 day trial of NewtonMail (was CloudMagic) but will uninstall if I really have to pay $50/Year to use it (seriously?) - it doesn't support Yahoo two step authentication I had to downgrade security on that account. The Gmail application fails to sync calendar or contacts on an Exchange account, just results in constant Cloud Sync errors. The Samsung stock email application is OK, but can't set "next message on delete" option - it always returns to the inbox, and it doesn't support two-step authentication either.

I haven't tried K9 yet, or Alto, Outlook I don't even remember what showstopper I found with it, but I found one.

Sorry for venting, but this is the only thing so far that I've found about Android that is demonstrably sup-par to iOS. Email is just such a critical feature...

I use MailDroid. It supports Exchange, TFA, push email, mail deletion only on the device (that's a big deal for me), individual account notification (both LED and sound), the whole thing. I use it with my Outlook and Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo accounts. There's no yearly charge either -- I think it's less than $10 just once. There's a free version that has ads, but they really get in the way. If you like it, you'll want the paid version.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Been using iPhones from the iPhone 4 up to the 6 plus. I gave the 's' version a miss as it didn't bring enough new to warrant buying it.

After watching the Apple keynote and having hands on experience with the 7 and iOS 10 it just doesn't bring anything new to me to again warrant buying it. The removal of the earphones jack wasn't a deal breaker as I use wireless.

So that prompted me to sell the iPhone 6 Plus and buy the s7 edge.

I know I've said this in other threads but the customisation on this device is off the chart.

A few teething hiccups at first after using iOS and iPhones for such a long time but I adapted.

Overall very happy.

At last I can place an app icon pretty much where I want without having to jail break first. Sounds a little unimportant for some but for an iPhone user it can be a bug bear.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I easily get 6 hours of SOT..well it also depends which processor u have...i have exynos.

+1

I am now on an average of 8.5 hrs SOT with 2 days on battery. I actually found that updates so far increased battery life. I started on about 7 to 7.5 hours of SOT. (Exynos)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't really notice any issues with my S7 edge but then again I've only had this phone about 7 days now. I would have gotten the Note 5 but I'm having a very hard time finding it.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
my opinion may be biased, but I don't think the iphone 7 is a match for the S7 or S7E, my wife got the iphone 7 and all I kept hearing was the battery was much improved, she still needs to charge it part way through the day, last week I was out with 5 other iphone users, they were all discussing their battery levels and hoping they made it through the night without dying lol my Edge easily makes it through the day and night til bed time with plenty of battery to spare, the ONLY things the iphone has over the S7/E is imessage and icloud backups, I've never been able to get Samsung backup to work......ever! and the iphone is so vanilla and locked down, any dullard, hipster, or senior citizen can work it
I too wonder where are all these magical iPhone battery's when I constantly see people needing to charge theirs before the day is over 😂

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I personally recommend iPhone 7 because of its unique designs and better features offered by apple

The design is one of the reasons I like the S7E over the iPhone 7 or the 7+. The 7 seems too small and the 7+ too big and bulky (after a case is added, I have children...a case is a necessity) whereas the S7E is a great size. The same 5.5" screen size in a smaller footprint, if you will. Easy to use 1 handed and will easily fit in my front pocket. Look, Apple makes a great phone (I've had several of them) I just like the fact I can change things up on android. I have also never really experienced the dreaded "lag" either. I mean, all phones stutter, lag and maybe even freeze up from time to time - but I've never had serious issues on either platform.
I also here people say - with Apple if you have issues you go to an Apple store and they will fix it or give you a new phone instead of having to mail the phone in for service. That may be true, however I live 4 hours from the nearest Apple store so that doesn't help me at all.
I actually think the S7E has better designs than the iPhone and since I don't have any other Mac products I'm not married to that ecosystem and have some freedom when it comes to choosing a phone.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The design is one of the reasons I like the S7E over the iPhone 7 or the 7+. The 7 seems too small and the 7+ too big and bulky (after a case is added, I have children...a case is a necessity) whereas the S7E is a great size. The same 5.5" screen size in a smaller footprint, if you will. Easy to use 1 handed and will easily fit in my front pocket. Look, Apple makes a great phone (I've had several of them) I just like the fact I can change things up on android. I have also never really experienced the dreaded "lag" either. I mean, all phones stutter, lag and maybe even freeze up from time to time - but I've never had serious issues on either platform.
I also here people say - with Apple if you have issues you go to an Apple store and they will fix it or give you a new phone instead of having to mail the phone in for service. That may be true, however I live 4 hours from the nearest Apple store so that doesn't help me at all.
I actually think the S7E has better designs than the iPhone and since I don't have any other Mac products I'm not married to that ecosystem and have some freedom when it comes to choosing a phone.
I think the most appealing thing with the s7 edge is the smaller footprint. I had bought a pixel XL and sold it because it was too bulky for me, has the same size screen as the s7e yet I couldn't accomplish anything one handed like I can on my s7e. No idea how I managed the 6s Plus before I got my s7e. I won't go back to Apple unless the come out with a middle man size in between the 4.7" and 5.5" I heard a rumor about the iPhone 8 coming in a 5" size option...hoping that's true!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The S7e's size is one of its outstanding attributes. Samsung really stepped up their design game starting with the S6 and it continues to show in their new devices. One of the things I like about the S7e is that it has a uniqueness about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21