From Note 7 to S7 edge

Jedi_master

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Just changed over today from the note 7 to the s7 edge. So far not overly impressed, I went from 2 yrs with a note 4 then weeks with the 7 and now this... Is it just me or does 5.5 seem waaaay smaller than the 5.7 screens? And no matter how bright I set the screen when I play any of my downloaded movies they are a lot darker even some of the night scenes are almost unwatchable :( the settings and player are the same and when placed side by side there is no comparison the note 7 kicks this thing in the dirt. I fear this will be a long waiting period for Samsung to release the new (insert name here) note replacement.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Note 4 to the S7 Edge and am very happy with it and am not noticing any issues with my screen being to dark. I never owned a note 7 but ive never noticed any darkness on my device.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I came to the s7 edge from the Note 7. Then today, I just picked up a note 5 again. The s7 edge is a nice device but it's not a note replacement.

I tried to make this edge work but as a long time note user, it's just not happening.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just changed over today from the note 7 to the s7 edge. So far not overly impressed, I went from 2 yrs with a note 4 then weeks with the 7 and now this... Is it just me or does 5.5 seem waaaay smaller than the 5.7 screens? And no matter how bright I set the screen when I play any of my downloaded movies they are a lot darker even some of the night scenes are almost unwatchable :( the settings and player are the same and when placed side by side there is no comparison the note 7 kicks this thing in the dirt. I fear this will be a long waiting period for Samsung to release the new (insert name here) note replacement.
I came from a Note7 as well. Honestly, it's a lot closer than I thought it would be, minus the s-pen. I do think the Note7 display was slightly nicer / more vibrant and the brightness level could go way higher, meaning I only had to put it at like 40% brightness instead of around 55% for some things. The size difference is not that noticeable after a couple of days. Compared to the other options out there, this is closer than the rest, including the Note5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463