I am curious to see what the rep told you when u asked for the S7 Edge? did they knock down the Samsung brand? Or try & make persuade you to get another phone(Pixel,V20,IP7)? or it was all good & the S7 Edges are selling out like crazy?
    10-19-2016 11:32 AM
    I did mine over the phone and the rep seemed to agree that this was a great replacement. Not that his input had anything to do with my decision, he just seemed to be in agreement that it was a great phone.
    IMO, a lot of the reps who work in the stores have their own opinions/agendas and some are outright unprofessional.
    No one will ever talk me out of what I want to purchase. I do my homework first. However, I can't see why any of them would talk people into a phone that hasn't been released yet if you need a phone now.
    dlgus likes this.
    10-19-2016 12:12 PM
    "What color?" and she was an iPhone user.
    10-19-2016 02:54 PM
    I am curious to see what the rep told you when u asked for the S7 Edge? did they knock down the Samsung brand? Or try & make persuade you to get another phone(Pixel,V20,IP7)? or it was all good & the S7 Edges are selling out like crazy?
    Here they're selling the black ones can't be found anywhere grrrr. So I got a gold one
    10-19-2016 03:01 PM
    I had ordered an s7 edge to replace my replacement Note7 (which I loved, and never had any problem with). I ordered my s7edge from Best Buy because besides throwing in a TV they said it would arrive at my house by today (10/19/16). Yesterday when I checked the status it still hadn't shipped out. I sent them an email yesterday to verify the status before I left for work yesterday. This morning I checked my email, and at 2am they had sent and e-mail saying it is now back ordered by 30 days. (At the earliest it said I could get it by Nov 1st). This S7 edge feels like a huge downgrade from the Note7, I'm paying the same price for it that I paid for the superior Note7, and I'm not scheduled to receive this s7 edge (a phone that's been out since February) until November. My buying experience has been very disappointing.
    Theresa Humphries likes this.
    10-19-2016 04:11 PM
    I had ordered an s7 edge to replace my replacement Note7 (which I loved, and never had any problem with). I ordered my s7edge from Best Buy because besides throwing in a TV they said it would arrive at my house by today (10/19/16). Yesterday when I checked the status it still hadn't shipped out. I sent them an email yesterday to verify the status before I left for work yesterday. This morning I checked my email, and at 2am they had sent and e-mail saying it is now back ordered by 30 days. (At the earliest it said I could get it by Nov 1st). This S7 edge feels like a huge downgrade from the Note7, I'm paying the same price for it that I paid for the superior Note7, and I'm not scheduled to receive this s7 edge (a phone that's been out since February) until November. My buying experience has been very disappointing.
    I must have lucked out getting my wife's S7Edge, only took 2 days. Got it Monday. Got the TV Sat. So far she likes it after she put a case on it. Sides are too sensitive without one. I am waiting on S8 (went back to my Note 2)
    10-19-2016 07:20 PM
    I am curious to see what the rep told you when u asked for the S7 Edge?
    He said "What color do you want?"
    Then he said "I'll be right back!" and brought one out for me.

did they knock down the Samsung brand? Or try & make persuade you to get another phone(Pixel,V20,IP7)? or it was all good?
    None of that - all good.
    10-19-2016 07:40 PM
    I bought an S7 Edge from a local AT&T store two weeks ago, and it was a fine experience. This was before the Note 7 story completely hit the fan, and I even asked if they had resumed selling it -- they hadn't. I might have bought one if they would have sold me one. But, I had already figured out that the S7 Edge was what I wanted to get, though I'm even now still "iffy" about the curved screen. I was upgrading from a Galaxy S6, which I was essentially happy with, but I figured I could use a bigger screen. I might have gone for the Note 5 -- I also asked about that, but they didn't have any in stock -- though I could have still ordered one. But I was ready to get back into some microSD storage, so I went ahead and tried the S7 Edge. Again, I'm still kind of waffling over whether I like the curved screen or not, but there's no denying that the curved screen helps them get a bigger screen into a smaller phone body. And indeed, the S7 Edge doesn't feel insanely big in my hand or in my pocket.

At any rate, there was no pressure at all from the staff at the store -- I wanted a black one, they had them in stock, and a few minutes later I was on my way.
    10-19-2016 07:51 PM
    I bought my SG7E phone two weeks ago and had a good experience. The rep was knowledgeable and I was able to get the color I wanted. I bypassed the Note 7 as I had already decided weeks ago that I wanted SG7E.
    10-19-2016 09:54 PM
    Is the S7 Edge a downgrade from the Note 7? Yes. Is it a "huge" downgrade? No. I'm actually enjoying mine, and I've had every Note since the Note 2. I really don't miss the stylus much. I thought I would
    10-19-2016 10:52 PM
    I had no issues. I told him what I wanted and he went and got my phone. We talked about how bummed we both were with having to turn in our note 7s, but nothing was said against Samsung and he did not try to sell me any other device than what I asked for. Now I did consider the new iPhone, but after playing with it I still choose my S 7 edge.
    10-20-2016 12:05 AM
    Just got my S7E to replace my N7 a couple days ago. I'm with Tmo. There were no unnecessary remarks or sales pitch for other products. Direct to the point - "What color" they asked me. They cannot knock down the Samsung brand. I don't know why you would think that way. Last week, 4 T-mo stores in my area were all out of S7E and Note 5 due to customers returning their Note 7s. Not one sales associate pressured me or sales talk me to get another brand. I was told to come back Monday or they will order the phone for me.
    Funny, when I was being waited on, there was this guy, big dude. When I say big - like 6.5' tall, very muscular. Same situation as me. Exchange his N7 for S7E. He was just waiting to finish his file transfer (another reason to back up your phone in your home pc so as not to waste your time in the store).
    The sales associate waiting on him asked him about his experience with his N7. Turned out it was his first non-Apple device. Out of the blue, he was almost yelling, "I'll never go back to that piece of s### again"! (Pointing at the Apple display). He said it so loud that everybody turned to him. What was funny were the 2 guys playing with the iPhones on display. They looked so embarrassed as they slowly walked away from the Apple display.
    10-20-2016 06:06 AM