Stayed with Samsung, but Edge not working properly?

mediaseth

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
After going through the Note exchange twice without issue, I'm having trouble with the Edge 7 that I never had with the Note.

1. It's laggy. Isn't it the same or nearly the same hardware as the note7? Why is it laggy?
2. Facebook Pages manager takes 30 seconds or longer to open, won't log me in. I'm in a login loop. Can't seem to find support for this, anywhere.
3. Pressing the "home" button or whatever it's called to go back to the main screen is delayed. Sometimes I have to press it more than once to make an app go away. I'm not sure if it's the button, or the phone being slow.

Those are my primary issues - don't want to over-complicate this complaint. Never had these issues with the S6, Note 7's or phones prior...

I'm close to returning it for an LG V20 - which I understand is an entirely different animal, but perhaps one that works.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I heard the home button may not be as sensitive and you need to press it a little firmer.
Your first two issues might be related. Did it do this before Facebook was installed?
Facebook is usually the root of a lot of app related phone issues.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a slow laggy running hot device due to the october 12 google photos app update, however the 19th they had another update that seemed to fix the issue.
check your google photos app in the play store and update it. maybe it will help.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
After going through the Note exchange twice without issue, I'm having trouble with the Edge 7 that I never had with the Note.

1. It's laggy. Isn't it the same or nearly the same hardware as the note7? Why is it laggy?
2. Facebook Pages manager takes 30 seconds or longer to open, won't log me in. I'm in a login loop. Can't seem to find support for this, anywhere.
3. Pressing the "home" button or whatever it's called to go back to the main screen is delayed. Sometimes I have to press it more than once to make an app go away. I'm not sure if it's the button, or the phone being slow.

Those are my primary issues - don't want to over-complicate this complaint. Never had these issues with the S6, Note 7's or phones prior...

I'm close to returning it for an LG V20 - which I understand is an entirely different animal, but perhaps one that works.

If you restored from some kind of a backup scheme - whether Samsung smartswitch or something else, I suspect this might be your problem. FDR and set up as a new phone. You will spend more time trying to figure out how NOT to do a FDR than you will spend just doing the FDR if you restored this way...

mediaseth

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Oddly enough, most of the sluggish behavior has gone away with updates. Pages is working again. Only the home button is sometimes slow, now. I end up pressing it multiple times because an app won't go away. The only FDR I know is the president.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Oddly enough, most of the sluggish behavior has gone away with updates. Pages is working again. Only the home button is sometimes slow, now. I end up pressing it multiple times because an app won't go away. The only FDR I know is the president.
FDR in this context means Factory Data Reset.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just returned my Note 7 yesterday for a S7 Edge. There's definitely some speed differences and screen is just a tad less sharp (even though it's the same processor and screen as the Note 7) - it doesn't quite pop like the Note screen did and I even have it at a higher brightness too. Overall, it's pretty close and I'm glad I was able to get the same Titanium Silver color!

With regards to the home button, it may be a tad slower, but you may want to disable S-Voice as if not, the Home button may be waiting to see if you're trying to activate that feature.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had the Note 7 so I can't compare the two for speed or responsiveness.

I too have noticed that my home button will not activate the screen or clear an app often and I have had to push it several times. Quite frustrating as it didn't used to do this. Not sure if it's an app recently installed (haven't had that many recently) or if it's a different software issue.

I have a 90 day return from Costco so I may bring it back/replace it, to ensure I don't have more issues down the road.

My wife's also doesn't have the same issue so it has to be something with mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20