10-26-2016 03:23 PM
29 12
tools
    I'm in the same boat. I'm tired of my LG experience and I am trying to consider what to get. Since I will also be replacing my LG URBANE and won't need numbersync anymore, I was considering an unlocked international s7 edge and a Huawei Watch. I am looking at picking them both up around Thanksgiving.
    10-26-2016 11:45 AM
    I don't know what people are considering the "wait for features" in the S8 to be, but chances are the phone isn't going to be drastically different from the S7/e. There were a bunch of rumors of what the Note 7 would be prior to its formal announcement, and next to none of them turned out to be true. The S8 will probably have USB-C, and its edges will be more subtly rounded than the s7e (like the Note7's were). Aside from that I'd say don't be surprised if its not much different from the S7E and note7 phones.
    The new SOC should offer faster speeds and lower power consumption. I am hoping the 4K display is true. Probably looking at 6gb of RAM. Rumors of removing the home button as well, which will probably give it a sleeker look, but doubt it will change the usable display size. They are due to upgrade their "all of 2016" camera as well.
    Like you stated, all rumored features will not make it to production. I am hoping for an updated camera the most, though.
    10-26-2016 12:15 PM
    Kind of depends on your carrier plan and how flexible it is. I'm on T-mobile with the JOD program so I can get 3 phones within one year. I turned in my Note 7 for the S7 Edge, I'll jump to an S8 Edge when it comes out and hang onto that to see if there is a Note variant that comes out, if one does get released then I'll use another jump to get that. I prefer the Note line so in the past I have only upgraded once a year. If your plan doesn't allow you to be that flexible then I'd wait for the S8.

In regards to the pre-order, I did it for the Note 7 and I'll do it again. Hopefully this was a one off instance, yes it was annoying to deal with it but at the same time I got two 256GB cards and a VR out of it with all the promos and having to swap phones. My loaner was an S7 and the rep told me to take advantage of the VR promo, I explained it was just a loaner while I waited for the replacement Note 7 and he said it didn't matter and that I qualified for it. So all in all I got about $500 worth of promo stuff.
    10-26-2016 03:21 PM
    Kind of depends on your carrier plan and how flexible it is. I'm on T-mobile with the JOD program so I can get 3 phones within one year. I turned in my Note 7 for the S7 Edge, I'll jump to an S8 Edge when it comes out and hang onto that to see if there is a Note variant that comes out, if one does get released then I'll use another jump to get that. I prefer the Note line so in the past I have only upgraded once a year. If your plan doesn't allow you to be that flexible then I'd wait for the S8.

In regards to the pre-order, I did it for the Note 7 and I'll do it again. Hopefully this was a one off instance, yes it was annoying to deal with it but at the same time I got two 256GB cards and a VR out of it with all the promos and having to swap phones. My loaner was an S7 and the rep told me to take advantage of the VR promo, I explained it was just a loaner while I waited for the replacement Note 7 and he said it didn't matter and that I qualified for it. So all in all I got about $500 worth of promo stuff.
    Agreed. It's a no brainer for JOD users.
    10-26-2016 03:23 PM
29 12