S7E just not as good as the N7

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to use this new s7e and for the life of me it just hiccups left and right. Reset it several times but the WiFi and the data just hiccup. Moved back to my N7 because of this. It's like having the fastest engine that decides to stop mid run. Anyone got any pointers as to what causes this? Is this an issue from an update?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have tried to use this new s7e and for the life of me it just hiccups left and right. Reset it several times but the WiFi and the data just hiccup. Moved back to my N7 because of this. It's like having the fastest engine that decides to stop mid run. Anyone got any pointers as to what causes this? Is this an issue from an update?
Not sure my s7 edge has been great. I actually had a similar problem to that on the Note 7.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Isn't the Note 7 suppose to be the superior device? Would be pretty sad if 7 month old S7 trumped a fall phablet.

Why is this a shocker for people? The Note 7 (rip) refined almost everything started by the S7E.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think it's a matter of opinion and also seems to be device by device. Some had laggy note 7s some did not. One of mine was. Some have s7edges that get HOT and have warnings pop up, some do not. Mine got warm when I first fired it up the other day it loaded apps and updated software. For me, this s7 edge has been great. I use it pretty heavily work and home use. It's a little work horse and keeps up very well. I just loved my note 7 but with this device I don't really feel I've downgraded. Just because it's a handful of months old doesn't mean it's subpar.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a matter of opinion and also seems to be device by device. Some had laggy note 7s some did not. One of mine was. Some have s7edges that get HOT and have warnings pop up, some do not. Mine got warm when I first fired it up the other day it loaded apps and updated software. For me, this s7 edge has been great. I use it pretty heavily work and home use. It's a little work horse and keeps up very well. I just loved my note 7 but with this device I don't really feel I've downgraded. Just because it's a handful of months old doesn't mean it's subpar.

I wasn't implying the S7E is anything less than great in its own right. But folks coming from a Note 7 need to realize it is an older phone.

It would be like me going from an S7E back to an S6E. I'd be like get me my S7 back please!

Oh...and my S7E has worked great since day one!

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't implying the S7E is anything less than great in its own right. But folks coming from a Note 7 need to realize it is an older phone.

Oh...and my S7E has worked great since day one!
I'm glad they had the s7 edge. I don't think I would've gone to the s7. I really enjoy the bigger screens

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well the s7e is as close to the N7 as u can get. Still it shouldn't stop all data here and there. 4g and WiFi disappear off the screen when it does this. Acts like a loose connection. May just return it and say to heck with it.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I had two S7Es and two N7s. Here is how i'd summarize the differences (besides the obvious hardware design improvements an s-pen):
- S7Es are definitely faster (I've never had any of the hiccups on S7E OP mentioned; my first N7 stuttered sometimes, the second N7 did not stutter, but still was not as fast as the S7Es)
- S7E has better keyboard (autocorrect works better on S7E)
- N7 has more refined UI and additional functionality (I've themed my S7E to look more like the N7, but Grace UX is better)

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Only issue I have is I keep launching folders or apps that are along the edges by accident and I do have a case on the phone to make them less pronounced. Bugs me a little bit but I'm starting to get used to it. Also my home button is a little wonky, best way to describe it is it's a little crunchy, meaning it almost feels like the components under the button are not firmly seated. I took it in to try and do an exchange and the rep just told me that you just have to press the button a little more firmer than I did the the Note 7 because it's not as sensitive on the S7 Edge. This is bs, my co-worker has an S7 edge and his home button is much more solid, the rep just didn't want to spend the time to do the exchange. The way I look at it is I've got it for about 6 months and then I'll get the S8 and hold on to that until fall time to see if Samsung brings out some sort of Note variant.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
S7 edge and note 7 have the same cpu. Both feel the same to me. If anything, the note 7 may have better software optimizations with the Grace UX but I haven't noticed with my usage.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
S7 edge and note 7 have the same cpu. Both feel the same to me. If anything, the note 7 may have better software optimizations with the Grace UX but I haven't noticed with my usage.

I think the biggest thing I miss from my N7 is the smaller edges. The slope on the edge is much more pronounced than that of the N7. Both feel alright in hand but the N7 was easier to grab.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the S7 Edge. Overall It seems a bit faster and snappy compared to the Note 7 I had. It's a great phone but I miss the Note 7 and want it back! I liked the bigger screen even though it had a bit of lag.

The S7 Edge overall is still one of the top phones on the market. Water resistant, SD card slot, and great camera. Still near the top.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the S7 Edge. Overall It seems a bit faster and snappy compared to the Note 7 I had. It's a great phone but I miss the Note 7 and want it back! I liked the bigger screen even though it had a bit of lag.

The S7 Edge overall is still one of the top phones on the market. Water resistant, SD card slot, and great camera. Still near the top.

I concur. I think it's one of the top phone on the market still too-many months into the market that's it been on or not. I chose it as closest to the Note 7 I could get and I have acclimated. I now just use a regular stylus with S notes even and barely notice the screen size difference now-in fact, I stopped noticing, and even though I liked the shape of the Note 7 better-the grasp, I have even adapted around that and don't even notice the curvy shape of the S7 Edge anymore -it's all good and I find the performance of the S7 Edge the same as my two previous Note 7s. The N7s had no lag and the S7 Edge has none (and the loaner didn't either.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with my S7 Edge. The power button is a little hard but I don't think that a big deal. Otherwise it works like it is supposed to

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I've had mine just a couple days now and liking it more as I go along

I feel the same. And not to sound materialistic, but being able to get it in pink helped that "liking" thing along a little. Having said that I'd go back to my all black Note 7 in a HEARTBEAT if I could. I miss it so much :(

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I think the biggest thing I miss from my N7 is the smaller edges. The slope on the edge is much more pronounced than that of the N7. Both feel alright in hand but the N7 was easier to grab.

I have the S7E and havent held an N7, but the pics alone make it seem improved in that way to me. It definitly looks better to my eye, and I'm guessing I'd prefer the ergonomics of it, too. I'm hoping the S8 flattens out the edge angles in that same way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid