I can listen to music, but I can't search for songs?

dyna mike

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. I'm having a problem with google play music on my S7 Edge. I put all my music onto my SD card form my PC, and I can listen to the music, and I can manually sort through artists/albums to find a song. But when I use the search function, I'm left waiting and waiting for the search to complete and it never does. I can even search for a song I know for a fact is on the SD card, but the app will never find it. Any ideas on how to solve this?

dyna mike

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Edit: I just downloaded an aftermarket app called "Poweramp" to try instead of google music. Search function works on this one! Unless there's something I don't know, I might just use this instead of play music.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Poweramp trial lasts only 14 days before you need to pay to use it. I did pay for it a long time ago though because it's good. Recently though I find myself preferring Samsung Music Player, which you can download from the Play Store too.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have PowerAmp. It's a really good app, worth the 4 or 5 dollars. It's probably the best app I have purchased.

A little tip.... download Google Play rewards. You get Play credits for participating in some surveys. It probably won't take long to get the credits for the app.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have PowerAmp. It's a really good app, worth the 4 or 5 dollars. It's probably the best app I have purchased.

A little tip.... download Google Play rewards. You get Play credits for participating in some surveys. It probably won't take long to get the credits for the app.

I did exactly that. I used my Google Play rewards credits to purchase PowerAmp. I'm really happy with it. :)