Best and worst Clear Case?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I've had a Ringke Fusion smoke color case for my BlackBerry Passport and it held up well for daily use for almost 2 years. Towards the last few months, the softer edges of the case started to peel away from the harder back panel. I suspect it was from using it with a holster and taking it off from time to time to clean to case and device. I also noticed, even though it was a smoke color, it did start to tinge and look dirty or a tad yellow after all that time.

For the money, it was a really great case and kept my device in great condition.

What are some of the other top clear cases, especially for the S7 Edge?

I'm looking for a case to use mostly at home or on the weekends. I'd like it to be able to hold up well after a long while, but also need it to be functional with my screen protectors. I'm currently using the Armor Suit "case friendly" screen protector and a Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro case. It's great for when I'm at work and constantly on the move, but I'd also like a clear case that does a really great job at protecting the S7 Edge as well, for easier going days or when I get home or on the weekends.

Please list your clear case and let me know what how it's been for you. Pros, cons, best and worst.

Thanks!

Last edited:

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I did purchase a clear case but it doesn't offer the protection I'm looking for. It seems that most of the more robust protective cases are colored. I think this takes away from the beauty of the phone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a Tech21 smoke clear case and like it. Mainly used when I'm riding hybrid bike and phone is in the handlebar mount. Also have an Otterbox Symmetry.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I got impatient, and I couldn't wait anymore. I broke down and purchased a Speck clear case from my local AT&T store. Now I'm returning one of the 2 Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro cases I got. I originally had 2 of them, one in Black/Black and one Blue/Black. Keeping the Blue/Black for when I'm going to work and the gym and such. Keeping the crystal clear for when I am hanging out at home for the weekend or taking an easy weekend.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I got impatient, and I couldn't wait anymore. I broke down and purchased a Speck clear case from my local AT&T store. Now I'm returning one of the 2 Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro cases I got. I originally had 2 of them, one in Black/Black and one Blue/Black. Keeping the Blue/Black for when I'm going to work and the gym and such. Keeping the crystal clear for when I am hanging out at home for the weekend or taking an easy weekend.
So, my pick is sorta ruled by how protective the case is white maintaining user variability.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Tech21 smoke clear case and like it. Mainly used when I'm riding hybrid bike and phone is in the handlebar mount. Also have an Otterbox Symmetry.
I always buy stuff from Amazon so looked there first.

Couldn't find the Tech21 case. Didn't try website yet.

Found Otterbox Symmetry but not Clear/Clear case. Their website had it though.

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I originally purchased the Speck Candy Shell clear case for my S7 Edge but I hated the way it kind of detracted from the elegance of the S7 Edge, it made it look kind of clunky. I wanted a more minimalistic case that was still protective enough so I tried the Insignia™ - Soft shell case from Best Buy and I am much happier with that. I did drop my phone the other night on a hard ceramic floor and it didn't have a scratch on it.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I originally purchased the Speck Candy Shell clear case for my S7 Edge but I hated the way it kind of detracted from the elegance of the S7 Edge, it made it look kind of clunky. I wanted a more minimalistic case that was still protective enough so I tried the Insignia™ - Soft shell case from Best Buy and I am much happier with that. I did drop my phone the other night on a hard ceramic floor and it didn't have a scratch on it.

I kind of felt the opposite with the Speck because it's clear, in comparison to my Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro. My biggest worry about this device, and any of the Edge devices is the edges and corners. I think between the 2 I now have, they seem to have the best balance between case friendly screen protectors and actually protection on the device. Although, I like the that the Supcase seems to have a more raised lip that I like, I think the Speck is nice to look at and use for now. I just hope it doesn't yellow.

It does seem to be a little slippery in the hand, but it makes the device wider like the Supcase, which, IMO, makes it better to hold and grip. I felt the S7E and even my N7, when naked, felt too narrow and almost uncomfortable for me to hold and type on one handed.

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I kind of felt the opposite with the Speck because it's clear, in comparison to my Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro. My biggest worry about this device, and any of the Edge devices is the edges and corners. I think between the 2 I now have, they seem to have the best balance between case friendly screen protectors and actually protection on the device. Although, I like the that the Supcase seems to have a more raised lip that I like, I think the Speck is nice to look at and use for now. I just hope it doesn't yellow.

It does seem to be a little slippery in the hand, but it makes the device wider like the Supcase, which, IMO, makes it better to hold and grip. I felt the S7E and even my N7, when naked, felt too narrow and almost uncomfortable for me to hold and type on one handed.

The soft shell case I have now does have a lip at the top and bottom and around the corners (and is thicker there) and then slopes down around the the sides of the phone. If I turn it upside down, the glass on the phone does not touch the surface because of the lip, which seems to have worked out well as I dropped it and the corner hit the floor first but nothing broke. I kind of struggled with the Candy Shell case in that it seemed hard to push the power button on the right, and also in my case, I didn't like how it made the phone wider. I have smaller hands so the thinner case feels better to me.

I totally agree about the S7E and the N7 feeling uncomfortable when naked, they seem so delicate that I felt like a nervous wreck using the phone until I got a case! Oh, and the fingerprints.... ugh! The phones are so beautiful though....

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I checked this out & based on specs, have already placed an order on Amazon! Will report back once I receive & use.

Curious for the Obliq naked clear
1) if the kickstand is such that the Volume or Power button is up
2) if generally sleek or bulky
3) if comfortable to hold, Or soft or leather shell better
4) if screen protector would be compatible
5) if it would fit slide into a belt holster

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
bd0ba8069eecd8ebdd2d909bfb425257.jpg
8b4a0f218107ba0958ecb1064cbaf933.jpg

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Bought this one & love it.

Curious for the Obliq naked clear
1) if the kickstand is such that the Volume or Power button is up (is kickstand reversible)?
2) if generally sleek or bulky
3) if comfortable to hold, Or soft or leather shell better
4) if screen protector would be compatible - which specific screen protector do you recommend with it?
5) if it would fit slide into a belt holster