02-25-2017 08:26 PM
77 1234
tools
    Same issue, began on the same say. Haven't been able to resolve.

So I tried to google this and could not find a solution or anything resembling what I am dealing with. It started two days ago, but in my notifications, I have a message that reads,"Cast device not detected." I can not remove the notification from the list and when I click on it, it does nothing. The Cast app does see all the devices in the house and can cast to them. Only way of removing the notification is from reseting it, but it comes back. I tried deleting the Cast app and it seemed to have worked. Nothing showed up all day yesterday, but then it came back with a vengeance this morning.

Has anyone else felt with this and was able to fix it?
    10-27-2016 08:07 AM
    I've been having the exact same issue. It definitely is Facebook.

*I am not a FB tester. And previously recommended solutions have not worked.
    10-27-2016 09:15 AM
    Just wanted to chime in since I also googled this issue and this thread came up
    running a 6P, stock (no root) with 7.0 and I too got this notification when I clicked on youtube notification.

oddly enough, killing the FACEBOOK app, not Youtube, removed the notification.
    10-27-2016 12:11 PM
    I have a brand new s7 active and have the same notification. However, I am not beta and none of he above suggestions have worked. It just keeps coming back and is extremely aggravating. I'm assuming there is still no fix?
    10-27-2016 01:14 PM
    So I tried to google this and could not find a solution or anything resembling what I am dealing with. It started two days ago, but in my notifications, I have a message that reads,"Cast device not detected." I can not remove the notification from the list and when I click on it, it does nothing. The Cast app does see all the devices in the house and can cast to them. Only way of removing the notification is from reseting it, but it comes back. I tried deleting the Cast app and it seemed to have worked. Nothing showed up all day yesterday, but then it came back with a vengeance this morning.

-----> I had encountered this issue this morning and I thought my chromecast had a problem but yes it's Facebook's new update. And I think I fixed it now because,now, whenever I play facebook videos, the notification does not appear anymore.

This is what I did:
    1. Hold on to the notification. Facebook logo will appear.
    2. Tap the (!) icon. It will lead you to app settings
    3. Tap "Force Stop".
    4. Then close all of the applications that are active

LG G5 user
    10-27-2016 02:57 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my Samsung and yes, it does appear after watching a video on Facebook. Have you find a solution besides rebooting the phone?
    10-27-2016 03:24 PM
    I started getting the same notification after the latest Facebook update...

Turned off FB notifications to stop it, until Facebook gets around to fixing it.
    10-27-2016 04:28 PM
    Um, silly question......

Can you be a beta tester and not know it? I'm having the same issue and FB pops up when I hold the notification as well....
    10-27-2016 05:55 PM
    -----> I had encountered this issue this morning and I thought my chromecast had a problem but yes it's Facebook's new update. And I think I fixed it now because,now, whenever I play facebook videos, the notification does not appear anymore.

This is what I did:
    1. Hold on to the notification. Facebook logo will appear.
    2. Tap the (!) icon. It will lead you to app settings
    3. Tap "Force Stop".
    4. Then close all of the applications that are active

LG G5 user
    Has anyone found a permanent fix for this? I have read other forums, force stopped Facebook, disable then re-enable Facebook, forcing an update, and cleared cash these get rid of the notification until you watch a video on Facebook in full screen. I don't want to turn off notifications because if still like to get them for tags and everything else.
    10-27-2016 08:17 PM
    Looks like it is the FB app. I tried playing videos in other apps and the FB app is the only one that causes this issue.
    10-27-2016 09:11 PM
    Nexus 6, on Nougat, not a FB beta tester. It has been happening for me, too. Force stop seems to be good enough for me to clear it.
    10-27-2016 09:36 PM
    mine is doing the same thing, and im sorry if I sound like an ***** but what is a Facebook beta app tester? This pop up is driving me nuts!!!!

Press and hold the notification down and it should say facebook and to the right you'll see a little info button hit that and change the firat option to not show in notifications and boom it's gone
    10-27-2016 09:51 PM
    You can remove the notification by going to Settings > Device > Apps > Facebook and tapping Force Stop.
    10-28-2016 12:39 AM
    You can also hold down on the Cast notification, and then uncheck Allow Notifications for Facebook until the next update. That's a permanent fix for now.
    10-28-2016 01:12 AM

Go to the notification hold it.. itll come up as the app that is notifying you usually facebook.. turn on block all notifications and then turn it back off. This will make it disappear for the time being.
    10-28-2016 02:07 AM
    I noticed it comes back when I play a video in Facebook. Something is triggering it when ever I play any video. Could it just be the Facebook app itself?
    If you hold down notification it takes you to Facebook app. It is bug from last update.
    10-28-2016 07:11 AM
    Just noticed this this last night. Uninstalling Chromecast, rebooting phone, did not remove cast icon. I don't have beta version of anything, but when I held down the notification "Cast device not detected," like mentioned here, a Chrome notification menu popped up; I turned off Chrome notifications, pressed the "Cast device not detected" in my menu again, and FB notification menu popped up. Turned FB notifications off and the cast icon finally went away. Anything that might trigger a Chromecast device (I'm guessing FB is working on that) might be the culprit here, I'm guessing? I'd rather go w/o FB notifications than have an annoying icon I can't get rid of...
    10-28-2016 08:53 AM
    Same issue, began on the same say. Haven't been able to resolve.
    Having same issue! Started yesterday, can't get rid of it either!
    10-28-2016 01:47 PM

10-28-2016 09:26 PM
    My daughter's and I are all getting the same message. Weird!! Do you have Netflix?
    10-28-2016 09:28 PM
    Mine is doing it but only when I connect to wifi then use fb app... turn wifi off its still there...restart my phone and as long as dont go on fb while on wifi network it doesn't open up
    10-28-2016 11:40 PM

So I've found a temporary fix for this problem. All you have to do is hold the notification and it will bring up app settings. The application is Facebook. Go up to the "i" icon (information) and it will bring up further settings of the application. Click on "force stop" and they notification will wipe out. This is just a temporary fix and you'll have to do it every time the notification appears. I am using Samsung S6, other phones will have other ways of getting into the settings page of applications. Hope this helps. Cheers
    10-29-2016 01:17 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I turned off device scanning and rebooted the device. Lasted for a couple of hours and came back.

Attachment 243409
    10-29-2016 07:17 AM
    I'm not sure if i fixed it but when i held down the post it showed was fb issue. In top right hand corner is information icon i in blue circle. I selected that and brings up options i selected one that said hide notification.. hopefully that works
    Oh I'm using Samsung Galaxy 5
    10-29-2016 07:20 AM
    I found a definitive fix... it calls "Swipe for Facebook" and it works like a charm 😀
    10-29-2016 07:21 AM
77 1234