02-25-2017 08:26 PM
77 1234
tools
    I found that if you watch a video on facebook you get this notification, found a solution.... Don't use facebook hahaha
    lammy8 likes this.
    10-29-2016 08:00 AM
    You can still use Facebook through the browser or third party apps
    10-29-2016 08:03 AM
    Yes I am also a FB beta user. This gives me some comfort knowing it is not my phone but just a rogue app.
    My wife and I are not using FB beta and we're both experiencing this issue. Her on an S7 starting a week or two ago and me on a Nexus 6p that just started today
    10-29-2016 08:22 AM
    Hey. I've had the same problem for 3 days. I have now removed the FB app and simply went on to Google to sign in to FB and saved the page to my homescreen.
    I then tested by playing a video and it has fixed the irritating notification. Not ideal but defiantly working fine now.
    10-29-2016 11:00 AM
    Well my gf has the s6 so it's no longer just an s7 problem as she is experiencing the same cast issue, only solution is still to force stop or disable notifications.
    10-29-2016 12:26 PM
    A company worth $350 billion can't fix a pop-up issue .

I turned my phone and the notification seemed to go away. Might continue to leave it off until the issue is fixed.
    10-29-2016 02:37 PM
    Im having the same issue on S7 Edge for 2 days now. I have two Stuck notifications!!! It happened at the time when i updated both the chromecast and Facebook apps. When touch and hold the notification it shows the faceboom app though. Its super annoying !!!! Needs a fix asap
    10-29-2016 06:02 PM
    Okay so this answers that. I was wondering what the hell was going on.
    10-29-2016 06:46 PM
    So I tried to google this and could not find a solution or anything resembling what I am dealing with. It started two days ago, but in my notifications, I have a message that reads,"Cast device not detected." I can not remove the notification from the list and when I click on it, it does nothing. The Cast app does see all the devices in the house and can cast to them. Only way of removing the notification is from reseting it, but it comes back. I tried deleting the Cast app and it seemed to have worked. Nothing showed up all day yesterday, but then it came back with a vengeance this morning.

Has anyone else felt with this and was able to fix it?
    I was having the same issue. FYI: Google updated/replaced the Google Cast app with Google Home (which includes all the previous Google Cast capabilities but is now primed for other IoT devices, like thermostats, lighting, etc...) and ever since the update, I was getting the rogue Cast Cannot Connect to Device error. It was driving me nuts. I found this thread. A bunch of people made the connection to FB. I long-pressed on the error and it took me to Facebook notification settings. I turned them off and the error immediately disappeared. I suspect that Facebook hasn't updated their app to be compatible with Google Home yet.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7
    Solution: Disable Facebook notifications.

Cheers.
    10-30-2016 12:34 PM
    I noticed it comes back when I play a video in Facebook. Something is triggering it when ever I play any video. Could it just be the Facebook app itself?
    Good call... Same issue and FB beta...
    10-30-2016 02:26 PM
    So I tried to google this and could not find a solution or anything resembling what I am dealing with. It started two days ago, but in my notifications, I have a message that reads,"Cast device not detected." I can not remove the notification from the list and when I click on it, it does nothing. The Cast app does see all the devices in the house and can cast to them. Only way of removing the notification is from reseting it, but it comes back. I tried deleting the Cast app and it seemed to have worked. Nothing showed up all day yesterday, but then it came back with a vengeance this morning.

I have exactly the same problem! Hoping Google will fix this soon.
    10-30-2016 04:34 PM
    Been going on for 3 plus days now on my Nexus 6 and s7. Decided to block all fb notifications until this is resolved. So annoying
    10-30-2016 07:54 PM

I had the same issue and resolved by going to Android Settings, Notifications, and change Facebook notifications to "No". Message has remained off even after changing back to "yes".
    Performed on Samsung 7.
    10-30-2016 08:19 PM
    I'm having the same problem with both my Galaxy Tab A and my S5. It is very aggravating!
    10-30-2016 08:34 PM
    Where do you turn off Near by device scanning??
    10-30-2016 08:35 PM
    Looks like it is the FB app. I tried playing videos in other apps and the FB app is the only one that causes this issue.
    After reading this thread, I opened FB and used the task killer to close FB and the banner went away.
    10-30-2016 10:06 PM
    I used the application manager to delete the cache and app data then logged back in. The moment I deleted the app data, the message disappeared.
    10-31-2016 09:04 AM
    It's 100% a fault of the Facebook app. There's a bug in their implementation of Google's casting option for videos on Facebook, so whenever you try and watch a video it causes the cast feature to get stuck. Can only clear with a force stop. Can't do anything until Facebook patch it, except use an older version via side loading.
    10-31-2016 05:43 PM
    samsung removed the "Mirror" option you had on S5 that i could cast to win10 my screen wirlessly i got pisstoff when i findout so it need a App...
    They did add a thing called smart view you can mirror screen using that
    10-31-2016 06:54 PM

10-31-2016 09:52 PM
    Try this & let me know if it works. Hold down on the icon until a Facebook app pops up. Once that happens click in the upper right corner for s menu, once you go into the settings disable the Facebook notifications.Worked for me hope it works for you.
    10-31-2016 09:55 PM

11-01-2016 05:14 AM
    Try this & let me know if it works. Hold down on the icon until a Facebook app pops up. Once that happens click in the upper right corner for s menu, once you go into the settings disable the Facebook notifications.Worked for me hope it works for you.
    This worked. I haven't played another video on fb yet to see if that will make it come back though.
    11-01-2016 05:34 AM
    Problem solved!
    Facebook has updated their app.
    pjalegria likes this.
    11-01-2016 06:59 AM
    Poster above is correct.

Update the app and the issue is GONE!!
    11-02-2016 03:16 PM
77 1234