Stuck notification: "Cast device not detected"

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So I tried to google this and could not find a solution or anything resembling what I am dealing with. It started two days ago, but in my notifications, I have a message that reads,"Cast device not detected." I can not remove the notification from the list and when I click on it, it does nothing. The Cast app does see all the devices in the house and can cast to them. Only way of removing the notification is from reseting it, but it comes back. I tried deleting the Cast app and it seemed to have worked. Nothing showed up all day yesterday, but then it came back with a vengeance this morning.

Has anyone else felt with this and was able to fix it?

I have exactly the same problem! Hoping Google will fix this soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

RLB1950

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
So I tried to google this and could not find a solution or anything resembling what I am dealing with. It started two days ago, but in my notifications, I have a message that reads,"Cast device not detected." I can not remove the notification from the list and when I click on it, it does nothing. The Cast app does see all the devices in the house and can cast to them. Only way of removing the notification is from reseting it, but it comes back. I tried deleting the Cast app and it seemed to have worked. Nothing showed up all day yesterday, but then it came back with a vengeance this morning.

I had the same issue and resolved by going to Android Settings, Notifications, and change Facebook notifications to "No". Message has remained off even after changing back to "yes".
Performed on Samsung 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
It's 100% a fault of the Facebook app. There's a bug in their implementation of Google's casting option for videos on Facebook, so whenever you try and watch a video it causes the cast feature to get stuck. Can only clear with a force stop. Can't do anything until Facebook patch it, except use an older version via side loading.

Robin Matsuo

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site

Robin Matsuo

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Try this & let me know if it works. Hold down on the icon until a Facebook app pops up. Once that happens click in the upper right corner for s menu, once you go into the settings disable the Facebook notifications.Worked for me hope it works for you.

PodrickM

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Try this & let me know if it works. Hold down on the icon until a Facebook app pops up. Once that happens click in the upper right corner for s menu, once you go into the settings disable the Facebook notifications.Worked for me hope it works for you.
This worked. I haven't played another video on fb yet to see if that will make it come back though.