What does your AOD show?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, if this has been asked 52 times already, I apologize. On the way out the door but I wanted to pose this question.

Maybe I was used to the Note 7 AOD but that showed everything as far as notifications. With this S7 Edge, I get nothing. Well, the clock shows but no notifications (meaning sms, gmail, etc). I'm not sure if missed calls show as I haven't had any.

Is this normal for the S7E? I've go through everything I can think of and all apps are set to notify. I thought I read where there is going to be an update to the S7/S7E AOD but I'm not sure.

Appreciate any input.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine doesn't show emails, it just has the blue blinking dot. Waiting to see if it shows calls and texts

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
if i remember correctly, the S7 shows SMS and missed calls. it does not currently support any 3rd party apps.

i read somewhere the plan was to update AOD to a version similar, if not identical, to the one on the Note 7 when the Nougat update gets released.

of course, that was speculation.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
if i remember correctly, the S7 shows SMS and missed calls. it does not currently support any 3rd party apps.

i read somewhere the plan was to update AOD to a version similar, if not identical, to the one on the Note 7 when the Nougat update gets released.

There was recently and update to AOD that added the clock option where you can add an image, I believe it was last week. Hopefully they will come out with more updates for AOD.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

So SMS through the Samsung messaging app? I use Textra so that may be the reason.

There was recently and update to AOD that added the clock option where you can add an image, I believe it was last week. Hopefully they will come out with more updates for AOD.

Yeah, I have the latest then cause I have the option to add an image. Just a bummer deal it's not like the N7.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine shows stock SMS app and missed calls. It no longer shows from the stock email app, or how many of the other two there are.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that on this last update mine now shows what's currently playing, be it Spotify or YouTube. No control, just the title of what's playing. I also have a photo of my daughter on mine, you can actually add pictures now instead of just using the original 3 "pictures".

Regarding notifications, i think mine shows an envelope if I have unread emails or texts. The email notification is for Nine since I have the stock email app notifications disabled.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The recent update kinda ruined it I think. Like someone said it shows media that playing but with no control, missed calls and text's used to have a count, now it only displays the symbol. BTW - the Verizon Messaging app displays missed messages.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Date, time, my custom logo, and battery.

It will show an icon for SMS, and it will show whatever song is playing on Spotify which is really nice, but it ahows even after Ive closed the app unless I restart.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes, after the initial excitement and furore of the
Edge being upgraded to grace (and the Note AOD) it has gone very quiet indeed.

In usual Samsung fashion we will no doubt wait some time if ever. Could be they're calling the whole 7 series a loss and concentrate instead on the 8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae