S7 edge exploded within 2 weeks of normal use.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
The S7 Edge has been out how long now?

{Why do I find this thread insulting and kind off National Enquirer rappie? }

[FONT=&quot]All smartphones, in fact, are subject to possible overheating troubles under the right conditions. That’s due to their use of Lithium-ion batteries that can prove unstable if they’re running too hot.[/FONT]

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
It is possible through rushing may cause things to slip through the quality check however since this phone has been made for a while now I thought design,logistics, etc should be place. But I do agree that rushing the new s7 edge to replenish could result in issues. So that makes me wonder about the blue s7 edge they are making too.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not concerned about the Note 7 either. Gonna be funny when Samsung announces the reason for the N7 failure and it's not the battery but was something that could be fixed with a software update.... Alas to dang late now.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I am not concerned about my s7 edge either and I was patient enough like many to go through note 7 recalls twice. I'm simply just posting what I came across today as an FYI.. not trying to insult anyone.

merlinskw

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but I've also had to deal with 2 note 7 recalls, I bought 2 one for me and my wife, now we both had to just S7edge phones...If the S7edge gets recalled sorry but I'm done... I'm tried of being "patient"

cyanogenmod

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Wow this is quite scary indeed. I have a regular s7 and I'm quite concerned in all honesty, I'm starting to not trust Samsung. Might as well trade in for a LG or something right..

cyanogenmod

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I really think sam users should start to get worried about this. This was a wakeup call for me. I mean look let's be honest here... Personally, myself I love my S7 but I have kids that play on it and god forbid if anything happens during "play" time it could have serious life threatening dangers... Of course after reading this I won't allow my phone to be touched by anyone and will keep it in a safe area until I can pickup a new device or possibly trade in for another brand that doesn't have a history of blowing up...

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I really think sam users should start to get worried about this. This was a wakeup call for me. I mean look let's be honest here... Personally, myself I love my S7 but I have kids that play on it and god forbid if anything happens during "play" time it could have serious life threatening dangers... Of course after reading this I won't allow my phone to be touched by anyone and will keep it in a safe area until I can pickup a new device or possibly trade in for another brand that doesn't have a history of blowing up...

You sound stressed. You should absolutely walk away. Myself, I'm not worried.

cyanogenmod

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Yeah haha. Quite stressed after hearing about the news. I will be walking away and wishing the best of luck to all you sam users and hope that everything will be alright.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey, you know what? We've all got to do what's best for our situations. I can't blame anyone for having enough of this weird Samsung saga. There's no way they come out of this without losing some longtime fans.

For me this doesn't feel the same, far more islolated, and the damage to the phone doesn't even look the same. It looks more like it's been run over by someone's car. lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Sorry but I've also had to deal with 2 note 7 recalls, I bought 2 one for me and my wife, now we both had to just S7edge phones...If the S7edge gets recalled sorry but I'm done... I'm tried of being "patient"
I hope the edge doesn't get recalled. Really enjoy the phone. Not as much as I was crazy about the Note 7 but still like it a lot.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah recall on edge would be bad. At that point no one will trust Samsung since we stuck with them and changed our note 7 for edge. I don't charge overnight ever since 1st note 7 had blown up back in end of August - early September.
Hope this is a one off incident but there have been 2 cases prior to this...1 was that construction worker and another was the teacher in the cafe. Sigh.

merlinskw

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I believe Samsung would absolutely have to be forced to due a recall, after the N7 mess, I can't see them jumping in on yet another flagship recall voluntarily...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol