10-27-2016 08:58 PM
102 1234 ...
tools
    my hypothesis is as good as any from the n7-billion-dollar-loss engineers & executives since they do not know why
    10-24-2016 08:20 PM
    I'm not worried. I've had both of my S7 Edge phones since the first week of March. I'm sure if you do a search, there are a few phones from every model ever made that have caught on fire from every manufacturer.
    10-24-2016 08:37 PM
    OMG please everybody calm down. It's nothing! Phones melt. It's a fact of life. Look it up.
    10-24-2016 08:52 PM
    They will have to pry my S7 Edge from my cold dead hands, I love my phone.
    10-24-2016 08:54 PM
    They will have to pry my S7 Edge from my cold dead hands, I love my phone.
    LOL: That's how I felt about the Note 7 and unfortunately I did have it pried! TWICE! So now that I have the S7 edge, I sure as heck do not want it taken away! I saw the article in my new headlines and was like, oh, give, me a break! AHHH! I'm very pleased with my S7E and have acclimated and am finally happy. I'm thinking we're okay on this one. The S7 edge has been out long enough at this point I would think unlike the Note 7.
    10-24-2016 09:06 PM
    10-24-2016 09:25 PM
    It's a good thing they are within the worry free time. They can exchange it for a new phone.

It's getting old seeing phones burning up stories anymore. It happens to all phones. Take steps to prevent it, don't put them in your pockets for starters, this creates heat. I don't think the S7 edge is anywhere close to the dooms day. It your worried about phones catching fire, probably better off not getting one, they all have fire risks.
    10-24-2016 10:02 PM
    I hope you're right Throttle Johnny....its also an older phone now, media probably will not attack the S7edge as viciously as they did the Note7 because it's kinda yesterday's news..
    It's also been in the wild for 8 months and many millions of handsets.

Some of you are acting as though the S7 Edge was released to replace the Note 7.

Samsung's problem with the S7 Edge? Threads like this.
    10-24-2016 10:30 PM
    So one random article on the internet about an 8 month old phone catching on fire & now some of you automatically want to get rid of your phone. Lol. Unbelievable.
    10-24-2016 10:41 PM
    I'm not getting rid of mine and I am not scared of it because it's been out for a while.
    10-24-2016 10:47 PM
    Wow! Some people scare easily!
    Yes, I don't want to get blown up... I have kids in this household.
    10-24-2016 11:10 PM
    Let's take it into context

1. The S7/S7Edge has been out in the wild with millions of users, and only now this appears? After the Note 7 fiasco?
    2. Fully half of the reported exploding Note 7 incidences were proven to be falsified after investigation.
    3. These stories appeared AFTER Samsung announced extra concessions to those who exchanged their N7s to S7 Edges.

All in all these things make the stories fishy.
    10-24-2016 11:29 PM
    Yes, I don't want to get blown up... I have kids in this household.
    Many of us do. Still not worried.
    10-24-2016 11:48 PM
    No just some of us have been jerked around multiple times, and have had to exchange multiple times. Actually quite fed up with it by now.... LOL
    Bbarbie likes this.
    10-25-2016 01:24 AM
    And... I've seen the same smugness and ridicule from the Note7 forums as I am here...Right up until they pulled the plug... So for some of us maybe the aggravation, or worry could certainly be understandable.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    10-25-2016 01:32 AM
    You should be a lot more concerned with the iPhone 7... been out only weeks and already some explosions. S7 Edge has been out since February actually, not even March.
    10-25-2016 02:06 AM
    You should be a lot more concerned with the iPhone 7... been out only weeks and already some explosions. S7 Edge has been out since February actually, not even March.
    How would Apple handle something like that if the government forced them to issue a recall on the iPhone 7 since Apple doesn't have another fairly new device to fall back on like Samsung did with the S7 Edge?
    merlinskw, Bbarbie and hasasimo like this.
    10-25-2016 02:11 AM
    How would Apple handle something like that if the government forced them to issue a recall on the iPhone 7 since Apple doesn't have another fairly new device to fall back on like Samsung did with the S7 Edge?
    Apple already had the explosion issues last 2014. A boy in France was injured I believe as the phone exploded in his face. Apple covered it up I guess and paid people off.
    merlinskw likes this.
    10-25-2016 02:14 AM
    Let's be honest the minute any story of an exploding Samsung phone is made its going to be big news but with the s7 range they have been out for a long time so the odd exploding phone it's not time to run to the hills really.
    It's more people who are haters of Samsung who want to whip up the storm
    merlinskw, KPMcClave and ToddK like this.
    10-25-2016 02:33 AM
    I really think sam users should start to get worried about this. This was a wakeup call for me. I mean look let's be honest here... Personally, myself I love my S7 but I have kids that play on it and god forbid if anything happens during "play" time it could have serious life threatening dangers... Of course after reading this I won't allow my phone to be touched by anyone and will keep it in a safe area until I can pickup a new device or possibly trade in for another brand that doesn't have a history of blowing up...
    ANY phone can catch fire. The number of incidents with the S7/S7E is miniscule. You have a better chance of being in a car accident, so don't drive your kids anywhere, either.
    Honestly, any phone has a similar risk of catching on fire. You wouldn't own any phone if you read all of the reports of phones catching fire.
    If you think other manufacturers are not affected, you are fooling yourself.
    10-25-2016 05:23 AM
    You have to apply just a little bit of critical thinking and stop acting as though the S7 Edge = the Note 7. If that were the case, the S7 Edge would have been discountinued before Easter.
    stealthredhead and ToddK like this.
    10-25-2016 05:47 AM
    So one random article on the internet about an 8 month old phone catching on fire & now some of you automatically want to get rid of your phone. Lol. Unbelievable.
    Well to be honest, this isn't the first one
    10-25-2016 07:04 AM
    Well to be honest, this isn't the first one
    Phones have been catching fire since they were invented. Maybe we should stop buying phones altogether.
    jn3wman, johnriii and ToddK like this.
    10-25-2016 07:06 AM
    I'm not worried about this, but if the S7 edge gets pulled, which I doubt will, I'm done with Samsung. If some group is trying to make Samsung look bad, they are doing a good job at it. I still have my note 7 waiting for its box, I'm hoping Samsung figures out the problem and its fixable, if so I can go back to that before I send it back. I like the S7 edge, but would go back to the n7 in a heartbeat if I could. I would stay with the n7 if I could but I worry there is a time that it will be disabled or not supported anymore.
    Bbarbie and merlinskw like this.
    10-25-2016 07:11 AM
    Phones have been catching fire since they were invented. Maybe we should stop buying phones altogether.
    That's what I've been saying the whole time since the n7. My boss last week made a statement that he should leave a voicemail to the employees that they can't plug in their note 7 phones. I laughed and asked him what he has, he proudly said he has the iPhone 6. I told him well if you do that to the note 7 phones, you need to tell them not to plug in their iPhones as the iPhone 6 and 7 have had fires to. Just that Apple didn't do a global recall. The global recall was Samsung mistake, they brought national attention to it and as we seen every phone fire was tied to the note 7 even if it wasn't a note 7.

But yes I am fully aware all phones have the risk, I've said the same thing as you just said, if your scared of phones catching fire then maybe you shouldn't get one and to help prevent phone fires the first step is to not put them in your pockets, which cause extra heat.
    10-25-2016 07:20 AM
102 1234 ...