Not thrilled with camera, What am I missing????

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Other than these types of images, photos are average. Indoor shots and low light shots have a lot of noise but to be fair, in terms of smartphone cameras, this is one of the best. I don't expect dslr quality but I think a higher resolution would help in making shots look crisper.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Low light photos will produce a lot of noise due to using a very high ISO and most people shoot handheld, this is true even with DSLR's. If you want to reduce noise, shoot manual, use a tripod, reduce the ISO and use a longer shutter speed. Also think about increasing the available light. I know for most moments this is impractical but that's the only way of getting better shots in low light. Even my DSLR struggles in point and shoot situations in low light, unless I use a very fast prime lens and then this causes problems with the DOF been very shallow.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Agree, this camera has been optimised for low light photography, the specs tell the tale. In good light there are better options.

Samsung cleverly has optimised it for what most folks use it for.

They will no doubt up the game for every future version.

After all, it's only a phone camera not a dsl.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
6a2b4512c01c769c3ac74b790d87ccff.jpg

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I am still trying. Don't want to have to carry a separate camera, so my phone camera is it. Hoping to figure it out, and it is doing okay. I just think in a lot of situations, my Note 4 actually took better shots.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is. I know some pics come out nice, but I really think many of them could be better. I have been disappointed by some that were in great lighting, and I felt should have been much better than they were. BTW.....cute kitty! lol

Well the only thing I can suggest is trying out Lightroom. You can do a fair bit with it, all the images above were put through some minor lighting editing. And thanks, he's an old boy now :)

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So I'm seeing everyone posting, raving about the camera. But honestly? I'm not too thrilled with a lot of my pictures I'm taking with it. My Note 4 seemed to have a better photo quality. Am I missing some settings or something? I looked at the settings I have, and can't find anything to set differently. Any ideas???

I too specially during the day the note 4 is much sharper

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I too specially during the day the note 4 is much sharper

It's bound to be due to the resolution difference. The S7's is an all around betterment IMO, the resolution will match the 4 if not beat it in the next iteration.

I'm just happy to get low light shots without that red/blue haze on the outer parts of the image.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood