10-29-2016 07:02 PM
28 12
tools
    Curious what people's opinions are comparing the Note 5 and S7 Edge, especially those that have used both.
    10-26-2016 10:44 AM
    I've owned both i upgraded from the N5 and I've been using the S7 Edge since day 1 there both very different and excellent in there own way. I wanted to try the edge and im happy with it but also I've had all previous versions of the note series minus the N7 (i wasnt happy with the battery capacity compared to the Edge) i do miss the S pen i did use it alot. Overall the Edge has suited my needs well that im looking forward to possibly staying with the Edge line unless the Note 8 blows the S8 edge out of the water.
    10-26-2016 10:58 AM
    I've owned both i upgraded from the N5 and I've been using the S7 Edge since day 1 there both very different and excellent in there own way. I wanted to try the edge and im happy with it but also I've had all previous versions of the note series minus the N7 (i wasnt happy with the battery capacity compared to the Edge) i do miss the S pen i did use it alot. Overall the Edge has suited my needs well that im looking forward to possibly staying with the Edge line unless the Note 8 blows the S8 edge out of the water.
    I've had both as well and I miss the Note 5. This S7 Edge though it works great and is suiting my needs. I am stuck lol. Also really, really like Samsung Pay which works on both so there's that. I've got the edge on Jump On demand s there's that too.
    10-26-2016 11:39 AM
    I've had both as well and I miss the Note 5. This S7 Edge though it works great and is suiting my needs. I am stuck lol. Also really, really like Samsung Pay which works on both so there's that. I've got the edge on Jump On demand s there's that too.
    Are you contemplating going back to a N5? Is that why your stuck?
    10-26-2016 12:09 PM
    I had a Note5 before the Note7. Looking back now on the Note5, same type of TouchWiz as the S7E and camera on S7E is slightly better. Not missing the s-pen a ton yet. I like the durability of the Note5 screen the more I am seeing stories of how fragile the edge screens are. Everything else is minimal.
    10-26-2016 12:18 PM
    I also had both and I really like the S7E in most aspects. Once the coolness of the edge screen wore off I found myself missing the flat screen of the note 5. I do miss the spen and the feel of the note better. If I could by a s7e with a flat screen I would buy one tomorrow.
    10-26-2016 12:54 PM
    Had the 5,, wife has it now and it's night and day.. 7 edge is quicker and love the edge features.
    10-26-2016 02:49 PM
    I have had all of the Notes since the Note 3. I had two Note 7's. I really liked my Note 5. I was happy with both Note 7's, but switched to the S7 Edge after the 2nd recall. I like my Edge, but I wish I had kept my Note 5 instead of trading it in on the first Note 7. The Edge is faster than the Note 5 and if I didn't really like having a stylus I would be happier with the Edge. Depending on how Samsung treats its loyal customers, I will upgrade to the Note 8 when it comes out.
    10-26-2016 05:40 PM
    Yeahp, I've had both. Still have my S7e. They're both nice devices but they're flagship-class so that's to be expected.
    Roman Akert likes this.
    10-26-2016 11:04 PM
    I have both and use both daily but the Note 5 is the one I take with me everyday. I also prefer the camera on the Note 5. On the 5, I only use the S Pen to do screen caps to send or post.
    10-27-2016 02:41 AM
    I ended up going back to the note 5. I'll stick with this until I see what happens withe S8/Note8/? In the spring/summer. I love the larger flat screen. To me the edge curve just made it feel much smaller. Yes it was very fast and efficient. For now though, I'm happier with the N5.
    10-27-2016 03:44 AM
    I ended up going back to the note 5. I'll stick with this until I see what happens withe S8/Note8/? In the spring/summer. I love the larger flat screen. To me the edge curve just made it feel much smaller. Yes it was very fast and efficient. For now though, I'm happier with the N5.
    Got a another $10 Samsung PAY reward so there's that too 😃
    10-27-2016 04:24 AM
    I almost swapped my s7e for a n5 yesterday. I would have, but Verizon only had the 32gb version... would be no biggie if there was SD available, but alas, there is not, so I'm sticking with the s7e
    10-27-2016 11:27 AM
    I did go back to the S7 Edge today. I'm much happier with it and didn't pay a dime to switch so thats awesome
    10-27-2016 12:55 PM
    The only thing the N5 has over the s7e is the spen. The s7e far out does it with the camera and a few other things. I own all 3 now and still can't put my N7 away. But if I had to choose it would be the s7e because of the sd slot.
    10-27-2016 01:01 PM
    Traded in my Note 5 for the Note 7 , now I have the S7 Edge. Things I prefer about the Note 5: size (feels better in the hand because it's a little wider), flat screen and stylus. Things I prefer about the S7 Edge: better specs (little faster), SD card, slightly better camera and water resistant. The one thing that I absolutely cannot stand about the S7 Edge is the edge. It is so pronounced, I'm constantly launching the apps or folders along each side by accident and it drives me nuts. The curve on the Note 7 was less pronounced (still bugged me though) but I didn't accidentally launch apps/foders.
    10-27-2016 01:40 PM
    Switched from Sprint to AT&T so I had my Note 5 unlocked. It works on AT&T but LTE is finicky, it will stay on but once I lose it I can't figure ot how to get it back. SO I picked up an AT&T S7e and I love having the SD card again, edges I could live without but like the bigger battery, miss the S-pen features of writing with the screen off, like the S7e size just slightly smaller but fit's in my pocket better, S7e battery is a lot better than my note 5 is
    10-28-2016 12:49 AM
    I also had both and I really like the S7E in most aspects. Once the coolness of the edge screen wore off I found myself missing the flat screen of the note 5. I do miss the spen and the feel of the note better. If I could by a s7e with a flat screen I would buy one tomorrow.
    It's called the S7
    10-28-2016 02:39 AM
    It's called the S7
    They probably like the larger s7e screen size. The s7 is noticeably smaller.
    10-28-2016 03:45 AM
    I have both. I enjoyed the N5 for quite some time tho I rarely ended up using the S-Pen. I'm finding the S7E to be quicker, has a much better display, feels better in my hands, etc. If you add in the MicroSD card and waterproof design the S7E is a winner in my book.
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-28-2016 06:01 AM
    I've used both, I actually have the S7 Edge now (because I had to get rid of my beloved Note 7) and so far it's been decent. My wife has my old Note 5 so I hold it every now and then (because I am thinking about trading with her, until the next note comes out). The S7 is a pretty good phone, but I will be back in a Note soon......
    10-28-2016 06:08 AM
    I forgot to mention that I have had every Note, from the first one ( that was AT&T only, lol)
    10-28-2016 06:10 AM
    I have had all the Notes except the 1st and the Note 7. I swore by them. After the Note 4 I stopped and switched to the iPhone (at my husband's urging) and was good with that for the 8 or so months that I was in that camp.

Decided to come back to the Note 5 (a beautiful piece of kit mind you) only to discover that I'd happily learned to live without the S-Pen. So I let it go in favor of a 2nd V20 (I already have an S7e).

If the S-Pen is really something you'll use the Note 5 is the best answer, IMO. If you don't need the S-Pen so much there are other good choices, including, but not limited to, the S7e.
    10-28-2016 10:36 AM
    It's called the S7
    Too small of a screen and battery for my liking. That said, I wouldn't mind trying one for a week to see if I could get used to a smaller phone again.
    10-28-2016 09:05 PM
    Too small of a screen and battery for my liking. That said, I wouldn't mind trying one for a week to see if I could get used to a smaller phone again.
    What about the S7 Edge? I have both the S7 and the S7 Edge. I bought the Note 7 because I wanted a larger screen. I went from the Note 5 to S7 thinking I could downsize on the screen but after a couple weeks hated it. If I would have bought the S7 Edge originally, I probably wouldn't have even bought the Note 7. The S7 Edge is the smallest I will ever go on a screen again.
    10-28-2016 10:38 PM
28 12