Battery Temperature

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Went from a Note 7 to the S7 Edge about 15 days ago. Never received a temperature warning on the Note 7, but have had at least 8 or more warnings on the S7 Edge. Most of the warnings have been from GSAM, but have had a couple from the phone itself.

When fast charging, I ran upper 80's to around 90 on the Note 7. On the S7E, I'm running mid to upper 90's. My GSAM warning is set for 99 degrees. I have received those warnings when the phone is in a bag or on the car charger in part sun. The other day at the beach in 80 degree weather streaming Pandora, the phone hit over 110 degrees before I cooled it down in a cooler. I have also broken 120 degrees while streaming but sitting on the console of a boat. These incidents never happened with the Note, same conditions.

I guess in normal circumstances it's not getting much above 101 - 103. Is this too hot? What are your experiences?

Thanks!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Went from a Note 7 to the S7 Edge about 15 days ago. Never received a temperature warning on the Note 7, but have had at least 8 or more warnings on the S7 Edge. Most of the warnings have been from GSAM, but have had a couple from the phone itself.

When fast charging, I ran upper 80's to around 90 on the Note 7. On the S7E, I'm running mid to upper 90's. My GSAM warning is set for 99 degrees. I have received those warnings when the phone is in a bag or on the car charger in part sun. The other day at the beach in 80 degree weather streaming Pandora, the phone hit over 110 degrees before I cooled it down in a cooler. I have also broken 120 degrees while streaming but sitting on the console of a boat. These incidents never happened with the Note, same conditions.

I guess in normal circumstances it's not getting much above 101 - 103. Is this too hot? What are your experiences?

Thanks!

In my experiences, 99 degrees is way too low a setting for an alert, if your concern is damage or danger. If you just have a curiosity as to when it hits that mark, that's different.

I'm fairly certain every phone I've owned, since I've had the ability to monitor the temp, has exceeded 99 degrees just doing normal things like updating its OS software or taking a lot of pics. 101-103 degrees temps aren't every day occurrences, but they also aren't outlandish in my expereinces, either. Call them occassionlal.

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, it helps to see what the norm is. It is about 5 degrees or so warmer than my Note 7 on average, but maybe not too far out of whack. Appreciate the feedback!