Has anyone here have any problems with the responsiveness of their screen? My s7edge just started doing this where I try to scroll up or down and it kind of stutters, like the image shakes and it doest move up or down. Also when typing, I have to tap on the letter a few times for it to work. I remember seeing a post similar to my problem I just can't find it.

Thanks!!
    10-27-2016 07:29 AM
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm not accidentally touching the edges of my screen.
    10-27-2016 07:30 AM
    Has anyone here have any problems with the responsiveness of their screen? My s7edge just started doing this where I try to scroll up or down and it kind of stutters, like the image shakes and it doest move up or down. Also when typing, I have to tap on the letter a few times for it to work. I remember seeing a post similar to my problem I just can't find it.

Thanks!!
    I find I have to clear my cache and data pretty regularly. Go to settings and scroll down to smart manager and note what your RAM usage is. Next click "clean all". Lastly click the multitask button (to the left of the home button) and click "close all". After that I would reboot your phone. I do this every morning to get a fresh start on the day. This phone eats up ram pretty quickly.

Lastly the simple solution is that your screen needs a clean. The good news is your S7 is waterproof so you can use a cloth or moist paper towel and scrub down the surface (I'm hoping you also invested in the screen protector).

Let me know if any of that helps.

Best,

DRY
    10-27-2016 08:12 AM
    I find I have to clear my cache and data pretty regularly. Go to settings and scroll down to smart manager and note what your RAM usage is. Next click "clean all". Lastly click the multitask button (to the left of the home button) and click "close all". After that I would reboot your phone. I do this every morning to get a fresh start on the day. This phone eats up ram pretty quickly.

Lastly the simple solution is that your screen needs a clean. The good news is your S7 is waterproof so you can use a cloth or moist paper towel and scrub down the surface (I'm hoping you also invested in the screen protector).

Let me know if any of that helps.

Best,

DRY
    Hi, thanks for your help. I can't find smart manager, I don't think I have it, I have a Verizon s7edge. I'll try and clear my recent apps and see if it helps. I do have a screen protector and my screen is clean, so I doubt it is a dirty screen.
    10-27-2016 09:30 AM
    Another possibility is that the screen protector isn't applied properly (or perhaps it's not a well-designed screen protector).
    10-27-2016 09:55 AM
    Hi, thanks for your help. I can't find smart manager, I don't think I have it, I have a Verizon s7edge. I'll try and clear my recent apps and see if it helps. I do have a screen protector and my screen is clean, so I doubt it is a dirty screen.
    Hmmm verizon is your carrier not a manufacturer. If you have an s7 edge then we should have the same phone.

If you put your finger on the samsung emblem at the top of your phone and drag downwards you should see a little cogwheel in the top right beside a downwards pointing arrow. Click the cogwheel and it will take you into settings. From there follow my instructions above and let me know.

Best ,

DRY
    10-27-2016 10:01 AM
    Hmmm verizon is your carrier not a manufacturer. If you have an s7 edge then we should have the same phone.

If you put your finger on the samsung emblem at the top of your phone and drag downwards you should see a little cogwheel in the top right beside a downwards pointing arrow. Click the cogwheel and it will take you into settings. From there follow my instructions above and let me know.

Best ,

DRY
    I understand verizon is a carrier....but I don't know if you are aware that Verizon sometimes disables some settings on our verizon phones. We don't usually get everything other carriers offer on their same phones.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-27-2016 10:17 AM
    Another possibility is that the screen protector isn't applied properly (or perhaps it's not a well-designed screen protector).
    I have the zagg invisible shield hd, it's the one that is applied wet, and it's on pretty good from what I can tell, edges are not lifting up or anything. I had the same screen protector on my note 7 without any issue
    10-27-2016 10:22 AM
    I understand verizon is a carrier....but I don't know if you are aware that Verizon sometimes disables some settings on our verizon phones. We don't usually get everything other carriers offer on their same phones.
    Ok I wasn't sure what you knew, didn't mean to come off as patronizing. I would bet dollars to donuts it's your ram that's the issue. If it's never been cleared you're probably running over 80%. If we could get you into the smart manager somehow you'd be instantly below %50 usage...

Have you tried a full shutdown?
    10-27-2016 10:30 AM
    No worries.... I'll do that, and see if I can somehow get an app that would take care of the ram. It's not happening all the time, sometimes my screen works fine, sometimes it's unresponsive.
    10-27-2016 11:14 AM
    80% RAM usage shouldn't matter, since the system usually wants to keep RAM relatively full. If RAM was close to 100% full, then there might be an issue with a rogue app.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-27-2016 11:26 AM
    Could be the screen protector. Unfortunately the only way to find out if it's an issue is to take it off.
    10-27-2016 11:31 AM
    There was something months ago I remember reading about Verizon cutting the Smart manager out back around the Note 5 time frame.

Anyway, maybe try this.

Clear App Cache - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge
    If your device runs slow, crashes/resets or apps freeze when running them, view this information.

Clear Individual App Cache

From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon Apps icon > Settings > Applications.
    Note These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
    Tap Application Manager.
    Locate then tap the appropriate app.
    Tap Storage.
    Tap CLEAR CACHE.
    Note This option may not be available for some apps.
    Clear All Cached Data

From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon Apps icon > Settings > Storage (Phone section).
    Tap Cached data.
    Tap DELETE.

Link goes to Verizon wireless support page.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=X6kmzNWw
    lizette1222 likes this.
    10-27-2016 11:50 AM
    And we don't have Smart Manager.
    10-27-2016 09:17 PM
    You can clear the cache through booting in recovery mode too.
    10-28-2016 03:04 PM
    You can clear the cache through booting in recovery mode too.
    I'll give that a try!! Thanks.. it hasn't acted out recently but I'll try it anyway.
    10-28-2016 03:27 PM