Samsung Fast charging wireless pad

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I bought a Fast Charge wireless pad from Samsung but it charges at a regular rate. It's a fast charge wireless pad that is a dock.

Is it just not compatible with S7 Edge or not work well?

Last edited:

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you have fast wireless charging enabled under Settings>Accessories

It is. ( the fast wireless charging is enabled. ) Do you think maybe it's because the always on display is on??

I did try to see if my phone had any updates to do. Which it seemed to.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
If it is displaying fast charging while charging then it should be working fine. It charges faster when it's lower (0-30%) and slower as it moves up. If you're topping off (80-99%) then it will charge slower.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
If it is displaying fast charging while charging then it should be working fine. It charges faster when it's lower (0-30%) and slower as it moves up. If you're topping off (80-99%) then it will charge slower.

Ahh okay. Because before I put in my pin code, it says it's fast charging. Sometimes, I charge it when it's at 50%

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung on the S7E uses a similar tech to Quickcharge 2.0 by Qualcomm. This means the fast charge works from 0-60%, then it charges at normal rate.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Samsung on the S7E uses a similar tech to Quickcharge 2.0 by Qualcomm. This means the fast charge works from 0-60%, then it charges at normal rate.

Ah okay. I was wondering why. Thanks, chanchan and Jap. :) Now I know only to use when it's gets low enough.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed with the S7E compared to my Note7, the S7E is a little more finicky with quick charging. Just yesterday, I had it connected to my old Note5 charger because I didn't take my new one out of the box, it said fast charging, but started at 39%,went DOWN to 38% a few minutes later, then only to about 42% after like 15 minutes. I plugged in my S7E charger and it went to like 78% in less than 30 minutes after that.
Maybe it has tighter tolerances in regards to when the fast charging actually activates or detecting an issue with the cable.
My suggestion is always try disconnecting the USB cable from the charging block and reinserting and maybe trying another outlet.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed with the S7E compared to my Note7, the S7E is a little more finicky with quick charging. Just yesterday, I had it connected to my old Note5 charger because I didn't take my new one out of the box, it said fast charging, but started at 39%,went DOWN to 38% a few minutes later, then only to about 42% after like 15 minutes. I plugged in my S7E charger and it went to like 78% in less than 30 minutes after that.
Maybe it has tighter tolerances in regards to when the fast charging actually activates or detecting an issue with the cable.
My suggestion is always try disconnecting the USB cable from the charging block and reinserting and maybe trying another outlet.

I only just bought this Samsung Fast Charge wireless dock about a week ago. It charges about one percentage a minute. I've placed my S7 Edge on the wireless charger when it's been 50% and it's still slow.

I'll try to do that. Thanks.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I put my phone on the wireless fast charger at 15% and it's still charging slow. The Fast Charging is enabled on my phone.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wireless fast charging will always be slower then if you just plugged the cable in and fast charged that way. There have been times when my S7 Edge easily took 3 hours to charge from 5% when plugging it in would take 90 minutes. Normally from 5%, my phone takes about 2 hrs, 10 minutes or so.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
There's two places to turn Fast Charging on in the s7 edge. Make sure both are on.

Also there's lots of Samsung Fast Charging stands about that are fakes.

They dont Fast charge and some don't have fans in. They are considerably lighter than the original.

I was unfortunate to buy a fake one. I returned it and bought one from the official Samsung online shop.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
@bandofbrothers2112.

What are the two ways to turn on the fast charge on the phone?

I bought the fast charge wireless stand from Samsung.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Under settings>battery>Scroll to bottom, you'll aee fast charge switches.

Okay. So under battery,

Both fast charging are enabled.

Fast charging cable and fast charging wireless are an enabled.

Should I disable fast charge cable when putting it on the wireless stand?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay.

Because I think all the settings for fast charging have always been enabled.

Since I got the phone.

I believe the wireless charging setting was always hidden until the first time that the phone is placed on a wireless charger. The first time the phone is placed on the wireless charger, the setting is enabled automatically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech