I've switched over to Android a few months ago and Samsung S7 Edge is my first Android device. I'm still not used to the Android environment and I'm still missing a lot of features and functionalities in the phone.

When I was using BlackBerry, it is easy to know who and how to contact the person in charge of whatever we need improvement on. I'm sure with Samsung's impeccable customers service there must be a manager of certain departments that we can talk to, to get necessary updates.

Who do I contact in Samsung to suggest and get updates to the new functionality I need?
    10-30-2016 12:59 PM
    Updates to the operating system are distributed by Samsung as they have them. Asking for them isn't going to speed the process up by a second.

Updates to apps are up to the app developer - Samsung has no control over that.

(Blackberry controlled both the hardware and software. Samsung doesn't control the apps you install - OR the operating system, the carriers normally modify them, then send them to your phone.)
    10-30-2016 03:36 PM
    I've switched over to Android a few months ago and Samsung S7 Edge is my first Android device. I'm still not used to the Android environment and I'm still missing a lot of features and functionalities in the phone.

When I was using BlackBerry, it is easy to know who and how to contact the person in charge of whatever we need improvement on. I'm sure with Samsung's impeccable customers service there must be a manager of certain departments that we can talk to, to get necessary updates.

Who do I contact in Samsung to suggest and get updates to the new functionality I need?
    You had a direct line to Blackberry to get apps made the way you want?
    10-30-2016 04:11 PM
    Most apps will have an option for Help & Feedback in their individual menus. Make use of that and email your suggestions to the appropriate parties. Of course, there's no guarantee that those suggestions will be acted upon, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    10-31-2016 12:59 AM
    You had a direct line to Blackberry to get apps made the way you want?
    Well in a way yes. In the BlackBerry environment if you were to look sometimes they do announce who is the newly appointed person in charged of certain things and they also have a twitter account for you to message them. Usually they will reply and let you know if they are working on what you have requested. Alternatively they would sometimes just show up on the next update of the OS.

In terms of apps, just go into the BlackBerry world when it was still active just tap on contact developer and write your grievance. When I did that, I even had a reply within 30 minutes and it was a weekend. They couldn't resolve my issue and directed me to a refund within the day.

If you do not have the direct contact of the person in charge of whatever you want. Just head on to www.crackberry.com and the employee in charge of that will normally look at it and do something about it. They will use their own identity and some people in the community knows who are these employees when they respond to requests.
    10-31-2016 01:20 PM
    Well in a way yes. In the BlackBerry environment if you were to look sometimes they do announce who is the newly appointed person in charged of certain things and they also have a twitter account for you to message them. Usually they will reply and let you know if they are working on what you have requested. Alternatively they would sometimes just show up on the next update of the OS.

In terms of apps, just go into the BlackBerry world when it was still active just tap on contact developer and write your grievance. When I did that, I even had a reply within 30 minutes and it was a weekend. They couldn't resolve my issue and directed me to a refund within the day.

If you do not have the direct contact of the person in charge of whatever you want. Just head on to CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!) and the employee in charge of that will normally look at it and do something about it. They will use their own identity and some people in the community knows who are these employees when they respond to requests.
    I bought a new S7E and everything works ok. Anything I can't figure out that I want to change is right in the 200 page manual that my carrier provides as a download. So I can still sit, eat pizza and figure out my S7E.

manual is a pdf with a navigable TOC - very easy to look stuff up

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver, Luxury Sedan Class
    Lumia ICON [14955.1000] Weekly Toy, GT4 Class
    10-31-2016 03:40 PM

If you do not have the direct contact of the person in charge of whatever you want. Just head on to CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!) and the employee in charge of that will normally look at it and do something about it. They will use their own identity and some people in the community knows who are these employees when they respond to requests.
    Welcome to Android. I once was a Blackberry user and I would imagine that the community, ecosystem, and all that is Blackberry has dwindled significantly.

If you're having an issue with a downloaded app from the Play Store, sometimes you may report the issue from within the app or on the Play Store. If you purchased an app, you have a limited amount of time to test it before obtaining an instant refund. After that time expires, a refund is still possible, but takes a bit of legwork to accomplish.

Some developers hang out here, some on XDA, and some are too busy for either. Overall, AC is a great site for the latest news and has a pretty responsive staff and community.
    10-31-2016 03:43 PM
    I bought a new S7E and everything works ok. Anything I can't figure out that I want to change is right in the 200 page manual that my carrier provides as a download. So I can still sit, eat pizza and figure out my S7E.

manual is a pdf with a navigable TOC - very easy to look stuff up

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver, Luxury Sedan Class
    Lumia ICON [14955.1000] Weekly Toy, GT4 Class
    Sorry I bought my phone off contract as it doesn't make sense to buy on contract. The discount is too small and the contracted price is too high and it's not flexible.

So I don't have that luxury.
    11-01-2016 04:03 AM
    Welcome to Android. I once was a Blackberry user and I would imagine that the community, ecosystem, and all that is Blackberry has dwindled significantly.

If you're having an issue with a downloaded app from the Play Store, sometimes you may report the issue from within the app or on the Play Store. If you purchased an app, you have a limited amount of time to test it before obtaining an instant refund. After that time expires, a refund is still possible, but takes a bit of legwork to accomplish.

Some developers hang out here, some on XDA, and some are too busy for either. Overall, AC is a great site for the latest news and has a pretty responsive staff and community.
    It's with the interface and also some pre installed apps.
    11-01-2016 04:04 AM
    Sorry I bought my phone off contract as it doesn't make sense to buy on contract. The discount is too small and the contracted price is too high and it's not flexible.

So I don't have that luxury.
    Not sure by what luxury you mean. The manual is right there in the settings for you to open as a webpage, and is accessible for download from the official website.

As for the blackberry contact thing, well Samsung does have Twitter and Facebook accounts, and they do respond, but they will not necessary put an action for your request with conflicting requests coming in. In this forum alone we have conflicting preferences on how certain things are done on the phone. That's in a way why Android has a nodding community, because you can't please everybody.

As for that functionality you need, can't you just download an app for it?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-01-2016 05:47 AM
    Also, what kinds of functionality are you looking for? Remember that there are two major contributors to your phone's system -- Google (of course, because they make the Android OS) and Samsung (because they modify the Android interface by way of TouchWiz, and also add on a lot of preinstalled features that are different from other Android devices).
    11-01-2016 10:18 AM