Hi, I am looking for a little assistance here. My wife and I recently went through the whole Note 7 fiasco and after all that mess ended up with s7 edges. So after all that headache we finally activated the new phone for my wife last week. Well on the second day she had it, it was dropped and the screen cracked/shattered pretty good. Her case showed up from Amazon the next day.....great.

So anyway, she is obviously looking into getting it repaired and has been calling around local places, samsung, etc. and not having much luck. Apparently samsung is giving her the run around saying they aren't doing repairs currently due to current business conditions? Not sure what that even means. Ubreakifix quoted her $400 for the replacement which seems absolutely ridiculous to me. I am trying to figure out what other options we might have or what others have been paying for a repair.

I understand this is a specific/expensive screen and the device itself is not easy to repair but 400 seems insane. She can't be the only person that has broken an s7 edge screen. Repair shops are apparently telling her the device is too unique and/or too new which is why it is so expensive....ummmm isn't this the best selling android device this year and also 9 months old at this point? that is ancient in phone years.

Anyway, Im just really frustrated at this point and just sick of dealing with cell phones after the whole N7 ordeal. I am looking for some advice on what to do or some comparisons on what other people have been paying.
    FYI, we are in the Minneapolis area and the phone was purchased from Bestbuy on installment payments. We of course DID not sign up for insurance and I believe we are now outside the timeframe for doing so. Thanks in advance,
    John
    11-01-2016 04:53 PM
    Was going to mention the ubreakifixit place as well, had no idea they were priced quite like that though.

Until someone else pops in with more info, here is a teardown/screen replacement video if that helps at all.
    Have not watched this particular one, but he is usually very detailed.
    11-01-2016 05:14 PM
    Samsung screens are expensive (high quality) and once they sealed up the phones, repairs are harder than normal. 400 does sound a lot but the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus screen is around 250-300 dollars just for the screen. So for a better screen on a Samsung s7 edge it sounds about right. I do repairs on iPhones, Not Samsung's because there sealed up now. But what can I say Samsung does make the best screens.
    11-01-2016 06:53 PM
    The business conditions is regarding the sheer volume of s7 and edges they're going to need to backfill note 7 swaps.

And not one single company replaces a screen these days when it comes to Samsung at least. It's way cheaper to buy the phones straight from the manufacturer at reduced cost and just give you a new phone and swap the IMEI over. So you're paying $400 for a new phone essentially.
    11-01-2016 07:31 PM