android 7.0 any new news?

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have an idea on when it will be realeasd to us? I do know how to use Google but I was curious to know if anyone had any inside news?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have an idea on when it will be realeasd to us? I do know how to use Google but I was curious to know if anyone had any inside news?
I don't know when we will get it but it did get to experience it on the lgv20 for 2 days really nice setup

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I believe it will be Feb of next year but that's all down to Samsung oh and the the mobile phone carriers who add there bloat ware to it.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I read a report that said there may be a Beta version before the end of this year and the proper version next year, so seems not this month which is too bad.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere about it coming in December. Hope that's true. Would like to see more of the Note 7 features too - Grace UX, more notifications on AOD, etc

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Jokes aside, they have been VERY quiet, the Note 7 debacle seems to have thrown everything at Samsung off, even the S8 series may be delayed.

I personally am not in a rush, Samsung tend to be awful at OS updates at the 1st go, everytime they do one they mess up the battery life.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
While there's no harm in asking, there's also no prospect of getting a useful answer. Not only would someone need to have a demonstrably reliable source of inside information, but they'd also have to be sitting quietly on that prized nugget until someone explicitly requested it.

finbaar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
There are many versions to update. Samsung could just do a country variant (Poland seems to get early updates for some reason) quite soon but if you are on a US carrier you may have much longer to wait, probably months longer. But honestly, you don't want them to rush this update. Samsung should take their time and make sure it works fine, after all our phones work now and I get regular updates and security patches on my UK Exynos unlocked version.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I remember being able to grab Marshmallow 6.0 for the S6 Active from an AT&T test environment. It was pretty sweet because the official release didn't drop till 2 1/2 months later.

Anyone have an insight on something like this for the s7 edge?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781