How to backup s7 edge and restore apps and data?

dbdmora

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I transfer as many as Apps as I can to my SD card (external storage) from application manager to save space on my 32GB S7 Edge. I want to do a factory reset but I do not want to re-download each app again especially if they apps are stored on my SD card. What is the best backup software that allows me to backup my apps and data for those apps which allow me to restore from my SD card and not have to re-install them again from the Play Store.

Thanks for your help

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I transfer as many as Apps as I can to my SD card (external storage) from application manager to save space on my 32GB S7 Edge. I want to do a factory reset but I do not want to re-download each app again especially if they apps are stored on my SD card. What is the best backup software that allows me to backup my apps and data for those apps which allow me to restore from my SD card and not have to re-install them again from the Play Store.

Thanks for your help

I use Helium + Samsung and Google's built-in backup functions.

dbdmora

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I guess my question is, the apps i moved to my SD card will they still work or do I have to re-download them from Play store?

Thanks

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You need to redownload. In fact you may just want to uninstall and remove them from the SD card before doing the factory reset. The app isn't fully moved at all, but just a portion of it and the main execution files are still in the internal memory. You'll be severing the links by reseting the phone.

Best way is to backup the apps to PC using Smart Switch and backup the data to Helium. If you restore the app backup from Smart Switch, you don't need to redownload. You could also try Samsung Cloud.

BLK ISF

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
I guess my question is, the apps i moved to my SD card will they still work or do I have to re-download them from Play store?

Thanks

I just went through this process for a replacement phone. Smart switch was ok, easy to use but did not address apps. Only calendar, phone logs, personal details that kind of thing.

Using in built samsung account much better as it restoers apps so no, you dont need to download via play store however my understanding is that unless your phone is rooted, only the apps are restored, not the app data so many apps you'll need to setup again like logins etc

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
^^^ I concur with the above poster. This is not an iPhone. You can't do full encrypted backup with the oem software. The only way you do full backup with Android is to root first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781