Lock Screen Notifications

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
New S7e owner here. Am I missing something or are there no lock screen notifications unless it's a stock app? For example, I get no notifications for Facebook, Instagram, Textra or even gmail without unlocking the phone.

Please tell me I'm missing something.

FYI, AOD is on.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
AOD only displays notifications for Samsung apps. But if you wake the screen to the lock screen then you should get notifications on there for all apps. Do you? The limitation is AOD will will hopefully get fixed on the update to nougat

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Press the sleep/wake button on the side of the phone. Or press the home button with a something other than the fingerprint you've saved for security (e.g. a different finger)

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You can get TP notifications on the locks screen. Go to Settings, Lock Screen And Security, Content on Lock Screen. Make sure show content is checked off and that the All Apps button is on.

How do I wake the lock screen without the FPS unlocking the phone?

Just tap the home button with your finger tip and it will wake but not unlock. Or you could press the power button.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
You can get TP notifications on the locks screen. Go to Settings, Lock Screen And Security, Content on Lock Screen. Make sure show content is checked off and that the All Apps button is on.

Just tap the home button with your finger tip and it will wake but not unlock. Or you could press the power button.

Seems rather cumbersome and lame for a flagship.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Press the sleep/wake button on the side of the phone. Or press the home button with a something other than the fingerprint you've saved for security (e.g. a different finger)

I use the same thumb with my stored fingerprint to wake the device all the time. If you do it fast enough or use the tip, it doesn't unlock. I've honestly never even had it unlock when I didn't want it to.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
What does? Having the ability to choose which apps show in your notification tray and on the lock screen? LOL

I don't think I understand what the problem is.

Me neither. It works great. Only limitation is lack of 3rd party apps on AOD which is a bit lame

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I stored my thumb and index finger on both hands in the FPS since those are what I used to unlock the device. If I try merely waking the phone as suggested in this thread, most times it unlocks the device which defeats the purpose. are you suggesting I use my middle, ring or pinky to wake the phone when it's sitting on my desk?

Apple had this same problem which is why they switched up the home button.

AOD is utterly useless unless you like an always on clock.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Your fingerprint reader must work much much better than the one on my phone does as it's really easy to wake up the lock screen without unlocking the phone. Even with the finger I've saved the print of

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you use the tip of your thumb, I don't see how it would register your fingerprint to unlock the device. Heck, even just giving it a quick tap flat on with my registered thumb doesn't accidentally unlock my phone. Maybe you're holding your thumb on too long?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance