Spotify and other apps continue to play when i receive phone calls

DroidRageYo

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone else has experience this. I listen to music on my phone a lot and when I get a phone call spotify / netflix don't stop playing. Does anyone know of a solution?

Also , i just downloaded automate and it's great! Wondering if there are any automate users that might have a solution.

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. A lot of music-player apps continue to play - even if you close the app. It's so you can do other things with your phone and not have the music stop.

2. Automate (or Tasker, if Automate can't) can detect that the phone is active, and kill Spotify. (If Spotify is Automate-aware [I don't know if it is, I don't use Spotify], you can have it just pause the music.)

DroidRageYo

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Not exactly sure what you mean by automate aware. Put I do have a flow that when I plug my headphones in spotify will start. Does that fit what you mean?

I will poke around automate and see what I can find. Thanks!

DroidRageYo

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
1. A lot of music-player apps continue to play - even if you close the app. It's so you can do other things with your phone and not have the music stop.

2. Automate (or Tasker, if Automate can't) can detect that the phone is active, and kill Spotify. (If Spotify is Automate-aware [I don't know if it is, I don't use Spotify], you can have it just pause the music.)

Yup you were right . It was actually really easy to do. Works like a charm thanks!

DroidRageYo

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site

Actually I think I spoke too soon. My phone seems to be behaving normally with spotify now. I'm still not sure how to get netflix to work.

ocyberbum

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Same here, I've been trying to figure this out but I got tired of having to reinstall the app or clearing the Cache to fix it temporally. I use MacroDroid to kill the app when I disconnect a BT speaker, Call is Active or head phone is plugged/unplugged. This seems to work most of the time and has helped when riding my motorcycle.. I also tried Jacks Music widget Spotify recommends but that didn't work well for me but apparently has for others