HELP! Google Now/Google voice search doesn't work

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and I can launch my Google Now using voice commands, but, once the app is open, it's as if it no longer hears me/recognizes me talking. I have disabled all Samsung voice apps, one at a time to try to see if one was overriding the Google app. I did disable/re-enable of Google, retrained Google Now, and it still won't work. If I use voice to type out a text, that comes up and says "Google" under a gear, it recognizes and types every word without error. I tried S Voice for a little while, but, having come from many Moto phones, I use voice a lot to send texts and other commands. What am I missing? It's killing me. Here's a link to a video of the issue.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=ZUdsUWszeEdzRVJtZVZJRzRiR0w0ZnNFSVpzaHpB

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
That's a weird one. Maybe for some reason it's listening in non-speakerphone mode and only hearing you faintly. For diagnostic purposes, try speaking directly into the mic and see if it does any better.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Tried clearing cache and safe mode. Same behavior. Hears me with the "OK Google" launch phrase, then hit and miss from there... I don't get it. Definitely seems to be software related, but cannot figure out why.

Palmyra

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't think I'm crazy for saying this but remove your case and try talking again. My s7edge does the same as yours with the "Spigen Thin Fit Galaxy S7 Edge Case" installed. Take the case off and it works 100% correctly all the time. Put is back on and the only way it will function properly is if I hold the mic hole right up to my mouth. The funny thing is I had the same type of thin case for the 2 Note 7s I had 😩 and had no problem at all. Nor did I have a problem with a larger Spigen case on my s5. I notice that the hole is at the very top of the opening for it on my case, maybe the sound waves are not flowing into the mic or something????????? I'm going to try to open the hole a little more.......

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that I was having issues with "OK Google" recently as well so I finally took time to review my settings....somehow I had managed to change my "search language" from English (US) to Afrikaans. No wonder it wouldn't work LOL. A quick update on the language, a retraining with my voice, and a reboot - now all is working well.
Hope that helps someone.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
My case is the Otterbox Symmetry, so my mics are open to the air, but I will try this and report back.

I wish my settings were messed up, but my search language is English(US).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12