Today, my S7 Edge arrived (I live in the UK). I had ordered it from a very reliable seller from Amazon UK (4.9 stars rating).

However, when I go to "About Device", it says that it is from United Arab Emirates and not UK. I was wondering, is this a problem? Everything about the device is working perfectly, it came with proper packaging, sealed box and warranty card.

In addition, I checked the IMEI number and it appears as it is on the IMEI check website. I also downloaded Genuine Samsung app from the PlayStore and it is says that the phone is genuine on the last graph (although in the CPU model graph it says something with very strange letters, probably arab).

However, what does the different location mean? Will updates come to the phone as they would normally come in the UK (update time schedule)? I don't want to return the phone just because of that.

What do you think? Should I be worried? I am very nervous at the moment. Thank you and appreciated.
    11-05-2016 07:50 AM
    I'd suggest checking if the 24 month manufacturing warranty is valid due to the phone being released for another country.

Samsung Uk support online or via twitter should be able to officially clarify.
    11-05-2016 08:55 AM
    Nevermind, I will try to return the phone to the seller (just to be sure). Thank you.
    11-05-2016 12:27 PM
    Mine is from the UAE and its not a problem. Here in NZ we have parallel importer shops that sell products much cheaper than the normal shops. I saved $500NZD on mine.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    11-05-2016 01:24 PM
    Mine is from the UAE and its not a problem. Here in NZ we have parallel importer shops that sell products much cheaper than the normal shops. I saved $500NZD on mine.
    A fantastic saving.

Have you checked out the warranty status for it ?
    11-06-2016 01:46 AM
    A fantastic saving.

Have you checked out the warranty status for it ?
    New Zealand has a Consumer Guarantees Act. If there is a problem they have no choice but to sort it out.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    11-06-2016 01:53 AM
    Today, my S7 Edge arrived (I live in the UK). I had ordered it from a very reliable seller from Amazon UK (4.9 stars rating).

However, when I go to "About Device", it says that it is from United Arab Emirates and not UK. I was wondering, is this a problem? Everything about the device is working perfectly, it came with proper packaging, sealed box and warranty card.

In addition, I checked the IMEI number and it appears as it is on the IMEI check website. I also downloaded Genuine Samsung app from the PlayStore and it is says that the phone is genuine on the last graph (although in the CPU model graph it says something with very strange letters, probably arab).

However, what does the different location mean? Will updates come to the phone as they would normally come in the UK (update time schedule)? I don't want to return the phone just because of that.

What do you think? Should I be worried? I am very nervous at the moment. Thank you and appreciated.
    Did you buy an unlocked phone? If you did, it doesn't matter where it came from. I live in Canada and bought an unlocked phone and it came from South Africa. If you buy an unlocked phone, they ALL say that you will not get any warranty since it is not from your region.
    11-06-2016 07:00 AM
    Nevermind, I bought a new one from e retail store here in the UK, and will return the one from Amazon tomorrow. I prefer to be better safe than sorry. Really appreciate the help, though
    11-06-2016 09:40 AM