Buy now or wait for Galaxy s8?

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
My HTC dropped and the screen cracked. It's still usable, but definitely needs replaced and the sooner the better. But I've always been a buyer of phones either on or soon after launch day. I'm most likely going to be buying muddiest Samsung since the Instinct and wondering if you guys think I should go with the s7 edge, or wait till the s8.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And when the S8 comes out, wait at least a month or two to see how loud the howls of "not another one with problems" are. I've been using Samsung for years, but after the last couple of debacles, one more problem phone and they're off my list.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Though call...the S7E is an awesome device and does way more than I need it to. I guess you could wait for the S8 but then you have the whole "never buy a phone on release date, wait a few months and let them work the bugs out". So the S7E was released in late Feb or early March...so its been out about 8 months. Not too long...again, for me it's more than enough phone. Up to you, good luck.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Also....I got a flyer in the mail stating on Nov 12 at Sams, if you buy & activate an S7 series phone you get a $250 gift card and no activation fee.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. When she you guys imagine the s8 will actually come out?

Feb/Mar typically, though some say earlier rush to compensate for N7 issue though some say later to be safe if cause of N7 issue not identified and S8 replicated, and some say to wait one month after launch to ensure no N7 issues like last time.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm starting to read up more on the S8 and the rumored specs, release date estimates, etc. I'm pretty intrigues by it

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see what they offer us Note 7 users who stuck with a Samsung. I love my S7 edge so I will be on the S8 when it comes out.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I would like to see what they offer us Note 7 users who stuck with a Samsung. I love my S7 edge so I will be on the S8 when it comes out.
Exactly. I've tried a few phones since Note 7 but came back to S7Edge as for me, nothing came close to all the features and benefits that phone offers

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm really torn about this. My backup is a Note 3 so I waited a long time for Note 7. What a phone. Too bad.

Anyway I feel nuts buying the s7e with the s8 out in 4 months but I'm really ready for a new phone. Wish I knew exactly what specs of s8 will be so I could make an intelligent choice. I don't care about usb c or a newer processor but I do care about ram and on board memory and battery CAPACITY (not claimed battery life which is bs).

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
if s8 come with huge screen dont wait some leaks say its come with 5.7'
thats sucks . huge screen =bad battery .
Note 7 has a big screen and I didn't have complaints about the battery. I've been with large screen phones a long time now and couldn't go back

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Large screen normally means more room to fit a large battery so it often evens itself out I find. Just look at the difference in battery size between the s7 and s7 edge and the pixel and pixel xl

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
To me...the size of this phone is perfect. I don't really want a bigger phone. The screen is big enough to see things clearly and in good detail but the overall size of the phone is not cumbersome and easily fits into my front pocket. That's just me.