But when the bugs start toBe reported-Like in the Note7 case
They regret carry out the deal..But too late: They made
Samsung or Apple richer--And will do it again

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
if s8 come with huge screen dont wait some leaks say its come with 5.7'
thats sucks . huge screen =bad battery .
I think the leaks also stated that the screen would cover more of the front, specifically where the home button is/was. Basically, you add a half inch to replace this and you have a usable 5.2" and 5.7" inch screen.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
But then I would end up waiting 5 more months for Note 8 and so on ad infinitum

With your post #12 & this is spot on for me as well. Have never purchased as soon as something is released waiting for the bugs to get worked out. After 6 weeks when everything is in the open, it is only a few more weeks until the next big release. Also looking at upcoming Black Friday sales & they seem to be angling toward store credits instead of cash discounts. Which is less interesting to me.

Also thinking if the S8 comes as rumored with an insane 90% screen ratio or what ever it was. It will make the bezels on some other devices look like they are from the 1990's.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the leaks also stated that the screen would cover more of the front, specifically where the home button is/was. Basically, you add a half inch to replace this and you have a usable 5.2" and 5.7" inch screen.
No more home button? That would suck

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
No more home button? That would suck
I think there will be a home key, but no physical button. If the fingerprint sensor is imbedded into the screen, I'm sure it will do dual duty, just like the physical home button now does. It sounds more or less like a small camera under the glass. Typically, cameras aren't huge, so I could see the outside edges and out being used as the home key as well.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think there will be a home key, but no physical button. If the fingerprint sensor is imbedded into the screen, I'm sure it will do dual duty, just like the physical home button now does. It sounds more or less like a small camera under the glass. Typically, cameras aren't huge, so I could see the outside edges and out being used as the home key as well.
I prefer capacitive buttons. Screen buttons take up real estate

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The S8 has been officially announced now. Along with a few variants. I'd seriously look into the new Huewai phablet, that thing looks super slick.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My HTC dropped and the screen cracked. It's still usable, but definitely needs replaced and the sooner the better. But I've always been a buyer of phones either on or soon after launch day. I'm most likely going to be buying muddiest Samsung since the Instinct and wondering if you guys think I should go with the s7 edge, or wait till the s8.

To be honest, if you can wait, I would. Im very happy with my galaxy s7 edge. Its a great phone that has given me zero issues. But, from reading articles on what the S8 is supposed to have, definitely wait. Supposedly it'll have the Qualcomm 830 chip, 4k edge to edge screen, viv, and a whole lot more.

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the S7 Edge this week. Why not wait? It came down to how I use my phone. I use it for web and some light mobile games. The same games I've been playing for over a year. Sure the rumored specs may boost performance, but unless the battery doubled in size I don't think I would use the phone any different than my last. And if I always wanted to wait for the latest, I'd always be waiting. I needed a phone and chose this one. Happy as could be with my choice.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice if they had some sort of program for those of us forced out of our much loved N7's so that I'm not tempted into something like a Droid Turbo3

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
To be honest, if you can wait, I would. Im very happy with my galaxy s7 edge. Its a great phone that has given me zero issues. But, from reading articles on what the S8 is supposed to have, definitely wait. Supposedly it'll have the Qualcomm 830 chip, 4k edge to edge screen, viv, and a whole lot more.

Ah, I know. I want to wait, but I'm not sure I have the patience to hold out until May, for example. Wish we had a solid release date.

EMostafa

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
You would don't know when s8 come out, I think it would be six months later thing, Man!!! you intend using the cracked phone for 6 months?
S7 edge is a good phone, one of the best android phone.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm probably going to get the S8, especially if it comes with thy bigger screen. Can't wait! I will preorder (I think..)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Bottom line, if you have the resources to buy a phone outright or are on a lease program that allows multiple upgrades a year, get the S7E. If you don't and your current phone still works, hold out for the S8. Samsung needs to up the ante this year due to the 10th anniversary iPhone coming out. Solid release dates probably won't be known until they're in production. I'm sure designs are still being decided upon and multiple safety tests will be done to ensure a successful release this time around.