Launchers?

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Aside from getting "badges" on my gmail icon... why are these launchers such a big deal?
Do they allow you to MOVE the app access icon in the lower right of the home screen?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Being new to android and using the s7 edge I've looked at launchers.

Nova does look impressive.

But for now TouchWizz and the SB Theme I've downloaded fulfills my needs.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Z launcher is my personal choice for a launcher. I think it's by far the best launcher for me and I have many friends that I was able to introduce it too and they seem to enjoy it too. Majority of the people I know are now using it because it's smooth and way too good. Almost flawless when it comes to usage... bug free and that's a guarantee ... I also enjoy zen launcher but it's not as good and I don't really ever use it. Z launcher by Nokia is probably the best out there for me. Feel free to give it a try.

Ipse_Tase

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Another vote for Nova (prime or not). Been using it for 4+ years now.
Get a set of icons to match your preferences and it's like a different phone.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Well I downloaded and installed Nova (free) launcher and set it all up.

Pretty cool, but now I don't have ANY badges illustrating how many notifications I have for each app. I guess I've gotten used to this with the stock launcher from Motorola/Verizon.

I've heard Nova PRO does this. If I switch to a different launcher, will I have to rearrange all my icons again?

Attachments

• 1457.jpg
    1457.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 43

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well I downloaded and installed Nova (free) launcher and set it all up.

Pretty cool, but now I don't have ANY badges illustrating how many notifications I have for each app. I guess I've gotten used to this with the stock launcher from Motorola/Verizon.

I've heard Nova PRO does this. If I switch to a different launcher, will I have to rearrange all my icons again?
Yes. You'll have to rearrange.

The Tesla Unread Plugin (which gives you the badges for Nova) only work with the Prime version.

sj jain

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Launcher drain so much of battery so I will advise you to stay with original launcher of your device but if you Still want another launcher you can use Nova launcher or others

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I was a Go Launcher guy for ages then went to Nova Launcher Prime on my Note 5. Now that I'm on the 7 Edge (via Note 7 sadly) I am trying to give Touch Wiz a chance. So far I'm finding it to be OK.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I use action launcher and am very happy with it. Some great useful features compared to other launchers and we'll supported by the developer on the beta program