I got an OTA update from Samsung today, I finished installing the update and then the fingerprint scanner stopped working, but after rebooting my phone I found out that my home button is not working anymore. (The fingerprint scanner is fine after the reboot.)
    I went to the Samsung store here in the Philippines, they asked me to leave the device at the store and I declined because I need my S7e for work. They asked me if I submerged my phone underwater, I told them that I don't and that I only wash in the sink.

Thanks.
    11-05-2016 08:50 PM
    If you're serious about washing it, that's the problem (and you need a new phone). If not, they may still note down your answer and use it as grounds for voiding the warranty. (Whether the phone is water-resistant or not, water damage isn't covered.)

Otherwise, your only option is to back the phone up (because any reputable repair service will do a factory reset on the phone - which wipes all your data) and leave it with them for repair.
    11-05-2016 10:12 PM
    I got an OTA update from Samsung today, I finished installing the update and then the fingerprint scanner stopped working, but after rebooting my phone I found out that my home button is not working anymore. (The fingerprint scanner is fine after the reboot.)
    I went to the Samsung store here in the Philippines, they asked me to leave the device at the store and I declined because I need my S7e for work. They asked me if I submerged my phone underwater, I told them that I don't and that I only wash in the sink.

Thanks.
    You wash your phone in the sink? Do you mean you wash it like dishes?

I'm not sure how dirty your phone gets but a damp cloth has been good enough to clean any phone I've ever had.
    11-06-2016 12:04 AM
    I just rinse it with water. Lol.

Thank you for replying guys!
    11-06-2016 05:12 AM
    I just rinse it with water. Lol.
    Why?
    11-06-2016 04:23 PM