Am I the only one to never use the edge part of the screen?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I never use the edge part of the screen, am I the only one . How do you all put use to it?
I haven't been using it either really. I just put common things on my home pages including some Web pages. I'm not crazy about the edge thing but it looks nice.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't use it, I have it completely disabled, I didn't buy the phone for that feature, if asked, I bought it for the larger screen and battery

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use mine, mainly for the tasks edge, I have them set up to direct message, so I tap the person name and presto I'm able to type start typing. I use it for Yahoo sports, weather, and soft key edge, which put a picture below, mainly use that for the screen capture button, makes screen capture possible one handed easily.

Never mind the picture, doesn't show you the edge part on the screen capture picture, LOL. Basically it's the edge pulled out with an option to do screen capture by tapping the circle, makes it so I don't have to push the power button and home button at same time, just slide and tap. It's in the edge store, it's free and its called softkey edge.

merlinskw

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I use it almost constantly, it keeps my home screens uncluttered, I like my weather edge, and my internet bookmarks, maintenance, calendar schedule, ect. Some of us love it, Others do not use it...It all depends on what you like.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
In the beginning I didn't use the edge feature, but after a while it started to come in handy. I mainly use the apps edge, people edge, and the widget edge.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't use the edge at all although I do not have the panels turned off either. I don't even remember to use the people edge where you turn the phone over and it will light up whatever color that you have the contacts on the people edge when they text or call you.

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I most frequently use the Edge panel for Apps. I'm a heavy user of my phone for work so I'm in and out of Todoist, the BlackBerry Hub for Android, and Excel. So, I love the fact that I can use the edge to quickly and unobtrusively open apps like Contacts, Calendar, calculator, Facebook, Feedly and Textra without having to leave the app and go back to the home screen.
Initially, i was not a believer in the Edge panel... I bought the phone for the battery (which I love!) and large screen... While maintaining reasonable accessibility with 1 hand.
However, loading up a bunch of panels doesn't seem like much of a time-saver to me... I only use Apps, Contacts, and the Calendar widget.
Hope that gives you a better perspective.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I most frequently use the Edge panel for Apps. I'm a heavy user of my phone for work so I'm in and out of Todoist, the BlackBerry Hub for Android, and Excel. So, I love the fact that I can use the edge to quickly and unobtrusively open apps like Contacts, Calendar, calculator, Facebook, Feedly and Textra without having to leave the app and go back to the home screen.
Initially, i was not a believer in the Edge panel... I bought the phone for the battery (which I love!) and large screen... While maintaining reasonable accessibility with 1 hand.
However, loading up a bunch of panels doesn't seem like much of a time-saver to me... I only use Apps, Contacts, and the Calendar widget.
Hope that gives you a better perspective.
I agree, you only want 3 or 4 edge screens at most, or you lose the benefit of speed of doing something. And that is the biggest benefit of edge, plus like you said, you can be doing something on your phone, slide the edge select textra, send a text and when done your right back to what you were doing, it's nice not having to close out of what you were doing then come back and open it again.

I didn't like the edge on the S6 edge, can't remember why, it seemed like it was less useful then what the S7 offers. Maybe the S6 has been updated and improved, or I just didn't see a use for it back then, don't know.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I used the edge feature on the S6 edge, but it didn't have as much functionality. I use the apps and tasks on my S7 edge all the time. I don't use the people screen as much as I did with the S6, maybe because that was pretty much all the S6 did until Samsung added the apps screen with room for just 5 apps. I've occasionally used the ruler.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the greatest edge feature is the people edge. You add the people that text or call you the most to that panel.

You then turn the phone upside down and if one of those people call or text you and you missed it, the edge panel will glow in the color that you assigned that person on the edge panel. This is very useful if you are waiting for a text to come in and this will let you know as soon as it does without having to constantly check the phone.

I just never remember to place my phone upside down for this to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781