GOOGLE Keyboard. Automatic double space after period?

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I see (in GOOGLE keyboard) you can turn on a setting where if you double tap the space bar, a period and ONE space will be added after the current word. Is there a way to just have a double space added after a period?

Also, is there a way to have a space automatically added after a comma?
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see (in GOOGLE keyboard) you can turn on a setting where if you double tap the space bar, a period and ONE space will be added after the current word. Is there a way to just have a double space added after a period?
Nope. Apparently, Google agrees with those people who think a single space after a period is correct (which doesn't include me ;) ). There might be some alternate keyboard apps that have a double space option.

Also, is there a way to have a space automatically added after a comma?
Also nope (at least, not that I've been able to find). This is also a minor pet peeve of mine with Google Keyboard.

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hummm.... I don't remember what keyboard I was using on my Motorola Turbo, but it did both of those and ALWAYS had the suggestion bar above the keyboard. Google keyboard does not.

Does anyone know of a fully functional keyboard for use with the Edge and it's OS?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hummm.... I don't remember what keyboard I was using on my Motorola Turbo, but it did both of those and ALWAYS had the suggestion bar above the keyboard. Google keyboard does not.
I also remember a keyboard that did automatically insert a space after commas (but not sure if it did double spaces after periods) -- it may have been Motorola's stock keyboard on my old old Razr Maxx. You probably can't find the exact stock keyboard from the Turbo that you can use on the S7 edge, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers