Android system is draining battery

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I get the feeling PD is causing problems. Remember that the 'Bloat' is part of Samsung's entire system, it seems that when we 'force Disable' it with PD it causes a ripple effect, and messes with other processes.

I may be wrong though, but I am staying clear of PD for now.
I'll test it for a few days I let you in on what I get

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree. A lot of times the very thing people use to monitor their devices, is the thing that is going rouge in their phones. I don't use any of that stuff and my battery life kicks ***

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
All I know was that it was the android system running high after an update so I performed a factor reset and turned off WiFi always on with some extra tweaks
Nice, what were the extra tweaks? I have done the factory reset many times and it initially helps but after a couple of days it just goes back to the normal drain. I'm lucky if I get over 3 hours SOT and I am not a power user.

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Nice, what were the extra tweaks? I have done the factory reset many times and it initially helps but after a couple of days it just goes back to the normal drain. I'm lucky if I get over 3 hours SOT and I am not a power user.
Darker theme, WiFi always on turned off, disabled bloat using Package disabler, turned off advanced features that I don't use, enabled doze, and use greenify to hibernate those apps that run in the background

maviiii

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
For my case (S7), turn out that the battery drain problem after recent update is caused by my 2g sim card (I'm using dual sim in daily use).
After I disable the slot 2 sim of my 2g card, everything resumes normal. Is it a bug??
Hope this may help.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Check the app manager and look for Knox and see how much battery it is draining. It is up over 30% on mine. I don't see a way to get rid of it

Chaos Beck

Jun 21, 2018
Visit site
GUYS I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

So i sum up all the problems regarding android system battery drain in s7 edge and after applying this settings i got my battery running normal again.solutions are as follows

1. Clear data from google services
2. Force stop chrome , facebook
3. Smart alert off
4. In oreo restrict background usage of android system
5. Check that your cell signal are not low
6. Wifi always turn on select never
7. Google backup off

I applied all those settings and in upcomming time i will check what was the give culprit

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
GUYS I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

So i sum up all the problems regarding android system battery drain in s7 edge and after applying this settings i got my battery running normal again.solutions are as follows

1. Clear data from google services
2. Force stop chrome , facebook
3. Smart alert off
4. In oreo restrict background usage of android system
5. Check that your cell signal are not low
6. Wifi always turn on select never
7. Google backup off

I applied all those settings and in upcomming time i will check what was the give culprit
How did this work out?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1