Galaxy Beta

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Wondering if anybody in the UK has managed to get access yet? I keep getting a 400 server error after clicking on the agree button.

If/when so, does the good lock system work with it or have they integrated those features into touchwiz? Bit tentative to try the beta as I really love the good lock.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if anybody in the UK has managed to get access yet? I keep getting a 400 server error after clicking on the agree button.

If/when so, does the good lock system work with it or have they integrated those features into touchwiz? Bit tentative to try the beta as I really love the good lock.

I have nougat beta now in the UK but I haven't tried good lock I'm afraid so can't comment on whether it works. Did you manage to get the beta to work in the end?

beri

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I have nougat beta now in the UK but I haven't tried good lock I'm afraid so can't comment on whether it works. Did you manage to get the beta to work in the end?

Did you get an email confirming you were selected? Or did you just receive the update?

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you get an email confirming you were selected? Or did you just receive the update?

I just kept manually checking for updates every so often and one started downloading around 11pm last night. No notification or anything. Still haven't received an email or anything asking for feedback

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine still gives the error and I can't see the app on either store. I side loaded the APK. Might be seeing is as a Vodafone. Version, though it's odd that other carrier phones have been accepted

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The beta is only for unlocked phones so carrier ones won't work. Maybe the app just accepted everyone and then Samsung looks at who's eligible after that

kelqwe

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Got my update last night about midnight, I think maybe they are sending them out in batches.

I'm on an unlocked version purchased direct from Samsung using a 3 sim.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The beta is only for unlocked phones so carrier ones won't work. Maybe the app just accepted everyone and then Samsung looks at who's eligible after that

No, the beta is not for Unlocked phones only, Sprint, Verizon, on and T-mobile users were selected (like me) and we just need to wait until out carrier's assigned day to download the Firmware, Sprint was on the 9th, Verizon is supposed to be today and T-mobile on Monday.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
No, the beta is not for Unlocked phones only, Sprint, Verizon, on and T-mobile users were selected (like me) and we just need to wait until out carrier's assigned day to download the Firmware, Sprint was on the 9th, Verizon is supposed to be today and T-mobile on Monday.

So is the one for Sprint available now? I'll try accessing the app later tonight. Before it was giving me a error.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So is the one for Sprint available now? I'll try accessing the app later tonight. Before it was giving me a error.

If by giving you an error you mean that you never completed the registration process, no, you won't be able to download the Firmware as it's only for registered and accepted users. Most, if not all of us had the same errors for most of the day but we kept trying until it completed the registration.

rizzo269

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You don't need oem unlock checked. I got the beta on Verizon this afternoon. So far it's running smoother than I thought it would. I did do a factory reset and resetup everything since it was a big bump in OS.

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
thanks for answer i left it uncheck and i did also get the update everything is running very smooth i feel like i got back my note 7 , does anyone know if there is a setting for lockscreen that you can have notifications as icons on my note 7 you had that option
You don't need oem unlock checked. I got the beta on Verizon this afternoon. So far it's running smoother than I thought it would. I did do a factory reset and resetup everything since it was a big bump in OS.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I literally saw one before mine.

First of all, it's kinda ****ty that US users are getting involved. This is meant to be for the UK's chipset and network frequency differences and may cause skewed data for us. I hope it won't affect anything but still, you could've just waited a day or so until somebody uploaded the file for you to flash yourself and not cause possible reporting discrepancies.

I've tried multiple times of day since the launch and keep getting the same error so I've given up. Tried registering so many times and keep getting the same error so thanks US users for that one 👍

Shall just wait until the official release is out next year. Looking nice so far, I hope they update good lock to work with it though it seems at least some of the features are baked into the OS itself now. I'd still like the further customisation so it'd be great of they uodate it to work with 7.0

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I literally saw one before mine.

First of all, it's kinda ****ty that US users are getting involved. This is meant to be for the UK's chipset and network frequency differences and may cause skewed data for us. I hope it won't affect anything but still, you could've just waited a day or so until somebody uploaded the file for you to flash yourself and not cause possible reporting discrepancies.

I've tried multiple times of day since the launch and keep getting the same error so I've given up. Tried registering so many times and keep getting the same error so thanks US users for that one 👍

Shall just wait until the official release is out next year. Looking nice so far, I hope they update good lock to work with it though it seems at least some of the features are baked into the OS itself now. I'd still like the further customisation so it'd be great of they uodate it to work with 7.0

I'm pretty sure US users are using their respective firmware versions. Like I'm on Verizon and I'm using the Verizon version. I'm not messing up the data for your precious UK device lol. Samsung is testing it for a lot of different people. That's a good thing.

rizzo269

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I find it hard to believe the beta program was UK specific since they pushed specific carrier updates for the US carriers as part of the beta. They wouldn't have put the beta app in the samsung store for US users if they didn't want us testing it as well.

Even the people who have flashed the ota without being part of the program have the samsung members app loaded asking them to provide beta feedback so it's all the same.

Not sure what error your getting but I'm fairly confident it's not because the US users are downloading the beta that is completely different from a UK version.