I love the S7E. I really do. I've had it since the release date and think it's easily the best version of the phone thus far.

It's not perfect though. I'm starting to re-think the whole idea of low-bezel/bezel-less phones. Sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth.

But my biggest frustration is when I'm actually on a call... the TW phone screen. When repositioning the phone during a call, I move the phone away from my ear, the screen comes on, and I put the phone back on my ear, but my ear presses the "Hold" button. It takes me a few seconds before I realize what happened and I press the home screen and turn the screen off to alleviate the issue.

This happens to me A LOT. I know it's my fault and all, but if the hold button wasn't where it is, this wouldn't be an issue.

I'll probably dl another dialer or keep using my workaround. I'm just venting. I'll see myself out. :-P
    Hobson123 and parthtc09 like this.
    11-10-2016 12:39 PM
    That would be very annoying.
    11-10-2016 01:12 PM
    The screen should turn itself off when pressing to your ear. That's the point of the proximity sensory. Check if it's working properly.
    11-10-2016 02:22 PM
    I love the S7E. I really do. I've had it since the release date and think it's easily the best version of the phone thus far.

It's not perfect though. I'm starting to re-think the whole idea of low-bezel/bezel-less phones. Sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth.

But my biggest frustration is when I'm actually on a call... the TW phone screen. When repositioning the phone during a call, I move the phone away from my ear, the screen comes on, and I put the phone back on my ear, but my ear presses the "Hold" button. It takes me a few seconds before I realize what happened and I press the home screen and turn the screen off to alleviate the issue.

This happens to me A LOT. I know it's my fault and all, but if the hold button wasn't where it is, this wouldn't be an issue.

I'll probably dl another dialer or keep using my workaround. I'm just venting. I'll see myself out. :-P
    If u have a case it might be contributing to the problem. I've had that issue before and it was the case.
    11-10-2016 04:36 PM
    @chanchan05... " I move the phone away from my ear, the screen comes on, and I put the phone back on my ear, but my ear presses the "Hold" button."
    11-10-2016 04:44 PM
    I don't have a case on it. I never use them.
    11-10-2016 04:44 PM
    I would exchange the phone if you can. I would find that extremely frustrating. It sounds like maybe your proximity sensor is not working properly. Perhaps, for example, it is reacting too slowly. As you put the phone back to your ear, the screen should immediately shut off, disabling the touch screen.

I have never had the problem you are having. I was just on a call and out of curiosity, tried repeated to reproduce the problem you are having, but I could not.
    Thiscrapsucks35 likes this.
    11-10-2016 05:08 PM
    @chanchan05... " I move the phone away from my ear, the screen comes on, and I put the phone back on my ear, but my ear presses the "Hold" button."
    Yeah that's the point. The screen should turn off again when you put it back to your ear. At least that's how all my phones behave, including my S7 Edge.
    11-10-2016 05:12 PM
    Sounds like you have malfunctioning proximity sensor
    11-11-2016 04:04 AM
    Yeah on my phone the screen switches off when my face gets anywhere near it so I don't think i could press a button on screen with my face even if I really tried. Sounds faulty to me
    11-11-2016 04:47 AM
    I would exchange the phone if you can. I would find that extremely frustrating. It sounds like maybe your proximity sensor is not working properly. Perhaps, for example, it is reacting too slowly. As you put the phone back to your ear, the screen should immediately shut off, disabling the touch screen.

I have never had the problem you are having. I was just on a call and out of curiosity, tried repeated to reproduce the problem you are having, but I could not.
    Yeah, you're probably right, but it's a refurb b/c my original phone screen cracked so I'm probably stuck with it until the S8 comes out.
    11-11-2016 06:48 AM

Unfortunately, this is how the proximity sensor works. If you move the phone a little while you are on a call, the sensor sometimes things you are no longer holding it to your ear and so the screen comes on. Happens to me all the time and I have two S7 Edge phones. Happens on both. It's not a defect, just how it is.
    parthtc09 likes this.
    11-11-2016 09:42 AM
    Unfortunately, this is how the proximity sensor works. If you move the phone a little while you are on a call, the sensor sometimes things you are no longer holding it to your ear and so the screen comes on. Happens to me all the time and I have two S7 Edge phones. Happens on both. It's not a defect, just how it is.
    I know.

The "defect" is that the "Hold" button is way atop the screen. If it were where it was on the S6, this wouldn't be an issue.
    11-11-2016 11:11 AM
    If I move mine away from my face the screen come on, obviously. But if I move it back to my face the screen goes off. That's how it should work. By the time the phone gets to my face the screen is off and I've never had any accidental presses. I would think it's a defective device
    11-11-2016 11:17 AM
    I know.

The "defect" is that the "Hold" button is way atop the screen. If it were where it was on the S6, this wouldn't be an issue.
    I was pointing this out though mainly for the people who think this is a defect.

The hold button could have been designed as an actual button where the other buttons are and not at the top. I've not tried any other dialers though. I haven't had the hold button problem.
    11-11-2016 11:33 AM
    I haven't experienced the problem you described. My screen shuts off when I put it to my ear.
    11-11-2016 04:26 PM
    I haven't experienced the problem you described. My screen shuts off when I put it to my ear.
    I thought mine did this too until I used my phone in a really dark room. I was then able to see just how many times they display would turn on simply by just barely moving the phone on my ear.
    11-11-2016 05:41 PM
    I think it is worth having the proximity sensor checked out.

Mine started doing this in my last few phone calls and I couldn't figure why ... I was getting so frustrated and it turns out I am a total egg. I was covering the proximity sensor with the new vinyl I'd put on ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

The cutouts were super hard to see, is my excuse :P. Peeled them off and problem gone - screen switches itself off, as it should, when close to my face.
    11-12-2016 04:53 AM
    I usually lock my screen after the call connects. I had this problem intermittently, but after I started doing that, I haven't had any issues.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    11-12-2016 08:33 AM
    I believe the Nougat beta doesn't have this "Hold" button up at the top of the dialer screen so I'd say Samsung realizes it's a problem too.
    11-12-2016 11:02 AM