12-31-2016 02:53 PM
584 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Server error still coming up for Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge.
    12-01-2016 07:18 AM
    My battery is better than it was on MM which is pleasing to see. Still don't get the staggering battery life some users on forums seem to get but consistently over 4 hours screen on over a day of use.

Android system is always top of my batter stats though. Shame they can't get this down as battery life would be even better
    12-01-2016 07:49 AM
    Just watched a YouTube review of a S7e & Nougat user.

I think I can honestly say there was very little (!) I actually thought was an upgrade and certain things I don't actually like the look of.

The one thing that would have been of interest to most normal users (as opposed to kids that just like to play around with the phones appearance) is extended battery life which was so much touted about pre-beta release ... Doesn't appear to be any different to MM at present!

I get super battery life at present (8.5 hrs sot average)so there is no way I would jeopardise that with what seems a lame new release. Time will tell and time I have.

The only other really useful (pre-release) feature which they have removed in their infinite wisdom was a Screen White Balance adjuster (not camera WB).

All in all ... seems pretty minor compared to MM.
    12-01-2016 08:37 AM
    8h of SOT? You must be at very low brightness or probably not counting correctly, because my S7 does not give me anymore than 5-6h on avg brightness and usage. You really must be using something or possibly turning the brightness low in order to achieve such good SOT. Battery life is great on the s7 no complaints but at the same time it's good to know that it can last longer if you manage it.
    12-01-2016 08:41 AM
    8h of SOT? You must be at very low brightness or probably not counting correctly, because my S7 does not give me anymore than 5-6h on avg brightness and usage. You really must be using something or possibly turning the brightness low in order to achieve such good SOT. Battery life is great on the s7 no complaints but at the same time it's good to know that it can last longer if you manage it.
    Nop. I repeatedly posted screen shots of battery stats over at XDA. Auto brightness at around 40%. 4g and and Wifi. Stock Exynos. Location turned off unless I need it and Facebook disabled. Using Samsung browser and battery saver kicking in at 15%. - No so called 3rd party 'battery saving' ( they don't!) programmes installed. Using AVAST Clean up and Ccleaner occasionally.

8.5 hours average with over 9 hours on occasions together with 1.5 to 2 days on battery 😆.

Perhaps you can understand that I am somewhat hesitant to 'upgrade' to Nougat which seems mostly an aesthetic change with little real benefit.

I try and keep an open mind until the final version is released and until there are some objective reviews online.
    12-01-2016 08:51 AM
    I keep my brightness at about 50% and get an average of 2-3 hrs over 1-2 days standby. I consider that normal for my usage as I get the same stats on two S7 Edge phones AND a Note 5. I have the US version so the person above having the Exynos version, their usage is entirely possible.

I can't stand the brightness any lower then 50%.
    12-01-2016 08:54 AM
    I keep my brightness at about 50% and get an average of 2-3 hrs over 1-2 days standby. I consider that normal for my usage as I get the same stats on two S7 Edge phones AND a Note 5. I have the US version so the person above having the Exynos version, their usage is entirely possible.

I can't stand the brightness any lower then 50%.
    I would not have any use for the S7e if I'd get your SOT.
    12-01-2016 08:56 AM
    I would not have any use for the S7e if I'd get your SOT.
    Actually, I don't see how people can spend 5-6 hrs staring at a phone screen every day. I thought I used my phone a lot every day.
    12-01-2016 09:00 AM
    Did you ever get this to work for you?
    12-01-2016 09:13 AM
    You won't get 8+ hours SOT if you are playing games. Posting to forums and browsing the Internet maybe. I would have to think watching YouTube would put a drain on the battery as well. Just being in an average reception area will drain the battery considerably. I would think that getting 8+ hours would be a combination of having great reception and not taxing the processor.
    msndrstood likes this.
    12-01-2016 09:24 AM
    One thing I noticed yesterday was a call dropping twice on Bluetooth in my car. I'm not sure if the call actually dropped or just the Bluetooth cutting out. I am thinking it was the Bluetooth connectivity.
    12-01-2016 09:26 AM
    I can not get it to work
    12-01-2016 09:39 AM
    I am on T-mobile and since the Beta 3 update I am getting pop-ups saying the system UI has stopped. I have tried to clear the cache, but I did get one after clearing. It is intermittent at best.

I am just curious if anybody else if having the same issue? I have not seen anybody else mention the same issue.
    12-01-2016 10:25 AM
    You won't get 8+ hours SOT if you are playing games. Posting to forums and browsing the Internet maybe. I would have to think watching YouTube would put a drain on the battery as well. Just being in an average reception area will drain the battery considerably. I would think that getting 8+ hours would be a combination of having great reception and not taxing the processor.
    Correct, I don't game but I do use youtube and other streaming services frequently plus I have both Tidal and Spotify memberships. Reception varies from good (home) to flaky ( work). Frequent wifi use depending on where I am.

Like I said, 8 hours plus every time. If Nougat can replicate that good but according to the pre release blurb it really should do better. - Can't see any evidence of that yet but I will wait for the public release to be test driven.
    12-01-2016 11:38 AM
    On Verizon and can't get in the beta program. SOT currently is averaging 2 to 2.5 hours with only 9 to 12 hours battery life.. Hoping Nougat can improve those numbers.. Much, much worse than my Note 7 was.
    12-01-2016 11:58 AM
    I am on T-mobile and since the Beta 3 update I am getting pop-ups saying the system UI has stopped. I have tried to clear the cache, but I did get one after clearing. It is intermittent at best.

I am just curious if anybody else if having the same issue? I have not seen anybody else mention the same issue.
    What is the build number of beta 3? I'm not getting this error, but I only downloaded the beta approximately 32 hours ago.
    Here's my build number...
    12-01-2016 12:48 PM
    deleted reply, forgot to quote the pertinent post
    12-01-2016 03:55 PM
    Anyone have any issues using a Gear device after the update?
    it says right on the download info that the beta is not compatible with the Gear. You'll either have to wait for the official or roll back to 6 if this is a deal breaker for you. This is the beta just released [I am on Sprint if that might make a difference].
    12-01-2016 03:58 PM
    Looks like this update breathes new life into the s7 edge. I can't wait for an official roll out since I missed the beta.
    Hopefully somebody told you already...they re-opened the beta. I just downloaded the update, haven't installed yet as I am running a full back-up to my PC in case something goes south and I need to rollback to MM
    12-01-2016 04:27 PM
    Hopefully somebody told you already...they re-opened the beta. I just downloaded the update, haven't installed yet as I am running a full back-up to my PC in case something goes south and I need to rollback to MM
    It hasn't been reopened for Verizon apparently yet.
    12-01-2016 07:03 PM
    Just saw this on the review page of the beta app. Looks like it's time to give up and go back to using my Note 7.
    Attached Thumbnails s7 edge 7.0 beta thread-4417.jpg  
    raneu likes this.
    12-01-2016 07:07 PM
    That's what I was thinking too...
    12-01-2016 07:25 PM
    Just saw this on the review page of the beta app. Looks like it's time to give up and go back to using my Note 7.
    Smh sounds like something they would do. Had a verizon s7 edge that I gave up for the note 7. So glad that I went for a t-mobile s7 edge this go around.
    amyf27 likes this.
    12-01-2016 09:13 PM
    What is the build number of beta 3? I'm not getting this error, but I only downloaded the beta approximately 32 hours ago.
    Here's my build number...
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...ab3560ba06.jpg
    You have beta 3.
    12-01-2016 10:11 PM
    One thing I noticed yesterday was a call dropping twice on Bluetooth in my car. I'm not sure if the call actually dropped or just the Bluetooth cutting out. I am thinking it was the Bluetooth connectivity.
    Yep. Same thing has happened to me about 3 different occasions now while driving. Random amounts of duration of call it will cut out and I have to disable Bluetooth to continue talking or wait 30 secs or so for it to reconnect. Very strange behavior.... Lol
    12-01-2016 10:15 PM
584 ... 1314151617 ...