s7 edge 7.0 beta thread

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The battery drain while WiFi is turned on is truly terrible. Easily the worst aspect of the beta. Battery life with WiFi off is decent, but as soon as you turn wifi on it goes down the drain. Even in safe mode so 3rd party apps aren't the culprit.

I'm getting phenomenal battery life so far.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Got in on Sprint
bcfe7f25895fa3ecf8c8ee1a067c7297.jpg

Last edited:

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Got the beta last night (Sprint). After a full day of using it heavily and trying to test it to the best of my ability, I have yet to encounter a single glitch! Not a single one of the issues that I have read about has happened. No battery issues (on WI-FI or otherwise), no issues with the blue light filter, no issues adjusting the resolution scaling, no app conflicts, no notification issues (it's even working perfect with my Asus Zen Watch 2). I'm thinking that maybe the build that those of us are just getting now after they reopened the beta program is an updated build.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Got the beta last night (Sprint). After a full day of using it heavily and trying to test it to the best of my ability, I have yet to encounter a single glitch! Not a single one of the issues that I have read about has happened. No battery issues (on WI-FI or otherwise), no issues with the blue light filter, no issues adjusting the resolution scaling, no app conflicts, no notification issues (it's even working perfect with my Asus Zen Watch 2). I'm thinking that maybe the build that those of us are just getting now after they reopened the beta program is an updated build.

Yep. My phone is running great! Everything is working as it should except for weird notification shades.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My battery is better than it was on MM which is pleasing to see. Still don't get the staggering battery life some users on forums seem to get but consistently over 4 hours screen on over a day of use.

Android system is always top of my batter stats though. Shame they can't get this down as battery life would be even better

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Just watched a YouTube review of a S7e & Nougat user.

I think I can honestly say there was very little (!) I actually thought was an upgrade and certain things I don't actually like the look of.

The one thing that would have been of interest to most normal users (as opposed to kids that just like to play around with the phones appearance) is extended battery life which was so much touted about pre-beta release ... Doesn't appear to be any different to MM at present!

I get super battery life at present (8.5 hrs sot average)so there is no way I would jeopardise that with what seems a lame new release. Time will tell and time I have.

The only other really useful (pre-release) feature which they have removed in their infinite wisdom was a Screen White Balance adjuster (not camera WB).

All in all ... seems pretty minor compared to MM.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
8h of SOT? You must be at very low brightness or probably not counting correctly, because my S7 does not give me anymore than 5-6h on avg brightness and usage. You really must be using something or possibly turning the brightness low in order to achieve such good SOT. Battery life is great on the s7 no complaints but at the same time it's good to know that it can last longer if you manage it.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
8h of SOT? You must be at very low brightness or probably not counting correctly, because my S7 does not give me anymore than 5-6h on avg brightness and usage. You really must be using something or possibly turning the brightness low in order to achieve such good SOT. Battery life is great on the s7 no complaints but at the same time it's good to know that it can last longer if you manage it.

Nop. I repeatedly posted screen shots of battery stats over at XDA. Auto brightness at around 40%. 4g and and Wifi. Stock Exynos. Location turned off unless I need it and Facebook disabled. Using Samsung browser and battery saver kicking in at 15%. - No so called 3rd party 'battery saving' ( they don't!) programmes installed. Using AVAST Clean up and Ccleaner occasionally.

8.5 hours average with over 9 hours on occasions together with 1.5 to 2 days on battery 😆.

Perhaps you can understand that I am somewhat hesitant to 'upgrade' to Nougat which seems mostly an aesthetic change with little real benefit.

I try and keep an open mind until the final version is released and until there are some objective reviews online.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I keep my brightness at about 50% and get an average of 2-3 hrs over 1-2 days standby. I consider that normal for my usage as I get the same stats on two S7 Edge phones AND a Note 5. I have the US version so the person above having the Exynos version, their usage is entirely possible.

I can't stand the brightness any lower then 50%.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I keep my brightness at about 50% and get an average of 2-3 hrs over 1-2 days standby. I consider that normal for my usage as I get the same stats on two S7 Edge phones AND a Note 5. I have the US version so the person above having the Exynos version, their usage is entirely possible.

I can't stand the brightness any lower then 50%.

I would not have any use for the S7e if I'd get your SOT.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
You won't get 8+ hours SOT if you are playing games. Posting to forums and browsing the Internet maybe. I would have to think watching YouTube would put a drain on the battery as well. Just being in an average reception area will drain the battery considerably. I would think that getting 8+ hours would be a combination of having great reception and not taxing the processor.