12-31-2016 02:53 PM
584 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Huh that's strange I have a charge he 2 haven't had this issue. Do you have the widget running where it shows in your motivation shade. I attached a screenshot of it
    No I don't like the persistent notification and I understand that means the app won't necessarily be left alone should the OS decides to free up RAM. No it seems more a problem with the google smartlock settings than the fitbit app being closed as once it reconnects thru Bluetooth the smartlock should still recognize it.

Another odd event, apparently my phone decided to restart while in my pocket today. Haven't had random reboots since my nexus 5.
    12-10-2016 03:27 PM
    My experience with the beta has been great up until BETA 3. Now I'm getting service interruption, and really horrible battery life. Phone went from 100% to 40% over 3.5hrs with minimal use. Something in the backround is eating it up even when not being used. I really hope they do something about this as it seems to be affecting a lot of people.
    12-10-2016 07:49 PM
    Here's an example...
    12-10-2016 08:19 PM
    Is Samsung pay supposed to work on beta? I thought I read that the early builds did not work and now it should. Maybe I am just confusing this with the VR compatibility which now works.
    I just went into a CVS to use it for the first time on the Nougat beta and it gave me some message about the card being chip enabled and it wouldn't work. I think the old lady being the register had something to do with it not working. She also had to add "that won't work" right as I was trying it. Of all the times I really wanted this to work and silence her, of course it didn't.
    Unfortunately CVS is one of the stores that does not work well with Samsung Pay. They are trying to push their own CVS Pay. It seems that some of the terminals will work and some don't, even in the same store.
    12-10-2016 11:13 PM
    Three phones are carrier locked
    Three are in fact unlocked
    12-11-2016 07:24 AM
    Unfortunately CVS is one of the stores that does not work well with Samsung Pay. They are trying to push their own CVS Pay. It seems that some of the terminals will work and some don't, even in the same store.
    My phone works great at our ocal cvs stores here. Works at Walmart and sams club too.
    12-11-2016 07:53 AM
    My experience with the beta has been great up until BETA 3. Now I'm getting service interruption, and really horrible battery life. Phone went from 100% to 40% over 3.5hrs with minimal use. Something in the backround is eating it up even when not being used. I really hope they do something about this as it seems to be affecting a lot of people.
    This. I've been getting great time and now I'm chewing through the battery. I'll hit 50% usage with minimal phone interaction.
    12-11-2016 10:57 AM
    Three are in fact unlocked
    They are unlocked to take any network sim I think but do run carrier branded software which was my point. Slower updates
    12-11-2016 03:56 PM
    Have never had an issue at CVS. Now Lowe's is a different story. Have never gotten it to work once there.
    12-11-2016 07:39 PM
    Anyone elses proximity sensor not working or has mine just died?
    12-12-2016 05:15 AM
    Go to your dialer and type in *#0*#. This will take you to a page where you can test your phones features. Find the button labeled Sensors, and then look for the proximity sensor section. Put your hand on top of the sensor, your screen will light up green, just ignore that that's the ambient light sensor, now look for the words PROXIMITY, this reports a binary value (0 or1 ), take your hand in and off the sensor, if it doesnt change the sensors dead. If the value does change submit a claim in the Samsung members app.
    12-12-2016 06:49 AM
    Anyone elses proximity sensor not working or has mine just died?
    Mines wasn't working for a day or two and the kicked back in on its own.
    pjwk81 likes this.
    12-12-2016 06:59 AM
    My phone works great at our ocal cvs stores here. Works at Walmart and sams club too.
    It appears YMMV from store to store and region to region. Glad you have not had any problems. CVS is the only store I have had any problems with myself. The CVS I frequent PAY works at the terminals in the Pharmacy, but not at the front terminals.
    amyf27 likes this.
    12-12-2016 07:30 AM
    I was on the BETA program on my sprint edge. I just switched to AT&T and when I do a search in the app store, I get nothing. Is AT&T not part of the BETA program?
    12-13-2016 11:40 AM
    I was on the BETA program on my sprint edge. I just switched to AT&T and when I do a search in the app store, I get nothing. Is AT&T not part of the BETA program?
    Nope.
    12-13-2016 12:01 PM
    THANK YOU!
    12-13-2016 03:26 PM
    Mines wasn't working for a day or two and the kicked back in on its own.
    Really weird. Both that and my light sensor weren't working and not registering on the sensor test screen and both just started working again same as yours did.

I haven't dropped the phone or anything but I notice I can see light around the earpiece speaker which is also strange.
    12-13-2016 05:02 PM
    I understand the beta is now closed but have they also removed the app from the galaxy store? I cannot find it but was hoping to install it in case they opened the beta again.
    12-14-2016 08:06 AM
    Have the testers been given any idea when the public release will be for Nougat?
    12-14-2016 08:40 AM
    Have the testers been given any idea when the public release will be for Nougat?
    Not that I'm aware of, but the beta has been extended to "end of December" as opposed to "mid December" as it was previously noted.
    12-14-2016 06:25 PM
    Thanks. So we are likely looking at a January public release date then? February if something goes wrong.
    smooches680 likes this.
    12-14-2016 07:12 PM
    Thanks. So we are likely looking at a January public release date then? February if something goes wrong.
    Someone posted this earlier....

12-15-2016 02:57 PM
    Says "server error." Can you not register anymore?
    12-15-2016 05:44 PM
    Does anyone have any idea as to whether if I factory reset my S7e if I'll be back on "stock" firmware or be able to download the beta? My S7 has been pretty sluggish since before the beta and while the beta has helped tremendously i'd like to just get it running completely smooth again. I'd like to use it as my main device and give the iPhone a break for a bit.
    12-18-2016 10:49 PM
    Does anyone have any idea as to whether if I factory reset my S7e if I'll be back on "stock" firmware or be able to download the beta? My S7 has been pretty sluggish since before the beta and while the beta has helped tremendously i'd like to just get it running completely smooth again. I'd like to use it as my main device and give the iPhone a break for a bit.
    Factory reset shouldn't change your firmware version. You'll stay on the beta.
    12-18-2016 11:41 PM
584 ... 1920212223 ...