s7 edge 7.0 beta thread

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Im most happy with VOLTE being enabled on my unlocked edge in the UK. Previously you've always needed the carrier version to get VOLTE on android, only the iPhone supported it natively. But it's now working great on the EE network with the nougat beta.

Finding the new look a bigger change than expected it to be but overall happy. Few lags here and there but no major bugs.

Anyone know how to give feedback? The FAQ said to use the beta app but it doesn't have any options in there to do so. Is it this new Samsung members app?
Yes, in the Samsung Members app is where you provide feedback.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
6e9fc53ce743f860909f466559898648.jpg

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is actually phenomenal on the beta. It just doesn't seem to drain at all. Maybe the battery meter is wrong!

I would normally get 4 hours screen on max on a work day. Not the best signal at work and no Wi-Fi. On course for a good hour more than that, maybe even 2!

Green Samot

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have any issues using a Gear device after the update?

I had lots of apps complaining about the update , including gear. I did a factory reset and everything works fine.

It may well have worked fine had I not done that, but I was happy to start fresh.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I tried out the LGV20 and that Nougat was awesome. I might even go back to that phone until S8 debuts

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any issues using a Gear device after the update?

Yep, can't get my Gear VR to work. Unistalled the Oculus app, and the Gear VR app, and now it won't allow me to re-download the Oculus app. I keep getting a Network settings error.

So goes the beta testing experience.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see any update notifications from sprint users until 1 day after their date of 11/9. I'm guessing vzw will start pushing update out more on 11/12.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep, can't get my Gear VR to work. Unistalled the Oculus app, and the Gear VR app, and now it won't allow me to re-download the Oculus app. I keep getting a Network settings error.

So goes the beta testing experience.

I think that was one of the prerequisites for the Beta that the VR wouldn't work. I've a Gear S3 arriving next week and hopefully it's ok.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well Verizon is likely delayed because they worry so much about shutting down useful features that conflict with their money grubbing. You know, like Samsung Cloud. Or screen settings as a stand-alone change (more pixels = more data push). Or god forbid actually going with the Grace UX/Nougat menu layout...I am happy to be corrected if I'm making assumptions based on my Note 7 experience with Verizon...

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Let's give vzw the benefit of the doubt. Everyone has their own complaints about their carriers. At least vzw is on the beta test unlike AT&T.

beri

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Let's give vzw the benefit of the doubt. Everyone has their own complaints about their carriers. At least vzw is on the beta test unlike AT&T.
This made me lol, no idea why.

I do wish they, Verizon/Samsung, would just push the update already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12