12-31-2016 02:53 PM
584 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I got in and registered in time apparently. Just waiting for it to be available for TMo on the 14.
    Chris Rosas likes this.
    11-12-2016 10:39 AM
    Mid December isn't confirmed. And it might just be delayed till January or February when they announce the S8 and S8 Plus...
    11-12-2016 10:57 AM
    Mid December isn't confirmed. And it might just be delayed till January or February when they announce the S8 and S8 Plus...
    I'll bet you it's rolled out offiicially no later than mid-December.

I've said all along that with the Note 7 fiasco, it's in Samsung's best interest to take care of its current customers. That means getting this update out to especially the folks using S7Es instead of their preferred N7 (that's not me...I've had the S7E since March).

I also don't think this particular beta needs to be sitting on a shelf for 2-3 months. It seems pretty much good to go.
    smooches680 likes this.
    11-12-2016 11:49 AM
    I didn't get in on the beta despite checking most of the day because the app just randomly started working. Downloaded it over at xda and installed it anyway. So ha Samsung lol. I love it. Makes the device feel a lot like my Note 7 was.
    11-12-2016 12:51 PM
    I didn't get in on the beta despite checking most of the day because the app just randomly started working. Downloaded it over at xda and installed it anyway. So ha Samsung lol. I love it. Makes the device feel a lot like my Note 7 was.
    How does the download from XDA work? Flash? Root?
    11-12-2016 01:15 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing. It's probably for the international variant and not carrier specific.
    11-12-2016 01:15 PM
    Does anyone have a smart watch that works with the beta? I'm planning to get the gear S3 soon after launch but I'll wait a while if it's confirmed that it won't work with the beta.
    11-12-2016 02:44 PM
    I think most of us are "disappointed" because we couldn't get on the Beta train and are reading how great this update is. Coming from the Note7, I'm sure it's a huge improvement in the S7E to close the gap. The fact that the Beta program was so limited in its participation and this information was not known at the onset is the irritating part.

One question on the update...did they find a way to incorporate gif maker without the s-pen?
    Beats me why anyone would want to play the guinea pig for a large corporation ... .

Especially after Samsungs recent fxxx ups.

Can't they 'test' it themselves? Samsung must have at least three employees in the phone department.
    11-12-2016 04:37 PM
    Beats me why anyone would want to play the guinea pig for a large corporation ... .

Can't they 'test' it themselves? Samsung must have at least three employees in the phone department.
    I, for one, like doing these types of beta runs and I enjoyed doing them also on the Nexus 5 and Nexus 5X. It's a good opportunity to have your feedbacks heard and to play around with new features.

This beta is so stable and smooth on my GS7E with my ~150 apps on it. I'm impressed with Samsung.
    LineKill, KPMcClave and msndrstood like this.
    11-12-2016 05:04 PM
    Does the always on display get 3rd party notifications like the Note 7 did?
    optimummind likes this.
    11-12-2016 06:22 PM

Like they're the only company that runs these advanced tests...rolls eyes
    11-12-2016 06:23 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing. It's probably for the international variant and not carrier specific.
    I've got the Verizon version. No flash or root. You just download it to a folder on the SD card that you name fota. Reboot into the stock recovery, tell it to apply the update and then it updates like normal. Very simple. If you're on Verizon and interested, you should go over there and download it.
    11-12-2016 06:35 PM
    I've got the Verizon version. No flash or root. You just download it to a folder on the SD card that you name fota. Reboot into the stock recovery, tell it to apply the update and then it updates like normal. Very simple. If you're on Verizon and interested, you should go over there and download it.
    I have T-Mobile so I guess I'll wait until someone with T-Mobile posts that version. Thanks though.
    11-12-2016 06:36 PM
    Does anyone have a smart watch that works with the beta? I'm planning to get the gear S3 soon after launch but I'll wait a while if it's confirmed that it won't work with the beta.
    I have a gear s2 classic that is working fine
    optimummind and KPMcClave like this.
    11-12-2016 06:53 PM
    Does the always on display get 3rd party notifications like the Note 7 did?
    Yes
    11-12-2016 07:28 PM
    Yes
    Finally! Hated not having that when I went back to my s7 edge after the Note 7. It should already work. So dumb we have to wait for android N just this to get the AOD update.
    11-12-2016 08:04 PM
    One question on the update...did they find a way to incorporate gif maker without the s-pen?
    I'd also like to know this, it was a perfect feature and I don't see a reason why it can't be changed to suit a finger instead of a stylus.
    Lyspaere likes this.
    11-13-2016 12:54 AM
    I have a gear s2 classic that is working fine
    Regular Gear S2 working just fine here. The Gear app updated after the OS update.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    11-13-2016 01:55 AM
    There's got to be more to it then that from what I been seeing on YouTube... If something goes wrong with the phone then you are screwed...
    11-13-2016 09:56 AM
    Finally! Hated not having that when I went back to my s7 edge after the Note 7. It should already work. So dumb we have to wait for android N just this to get the AOD update.
    No its not. We want it to work right and be optimized with the phone. I didn't want the update to drain my battery or lag my phone. Glad they're doing it right.
    11-13-2016 10:02 AM
    Found it on XDA. This method works fine and is completely safe and reversible. Installed it yesterday and am enjoying Grace UX and the blue light filter from the Note 7. The only issues with the Beta so far is that VR isn't working and the FB app sometimes FCs. I don't use Gear VR and use Metal so it won't affect me. And no, this will not screw up your phone. You don't need to be rooted for this to work as it's a signed OTA. If you want to go back to MM, just use ODIN to reflash the PH1 firmware. QED.

Thanks!
    KPMcClave likes this.
    11-13-2016 10:11 AM
    Thank you I might try this later today.
    11-13-2016 10:24 AM
    Found it on XDA. This method works fine and is completely safe and reversible. Installed it yesterday and am enjoying Grace UX and the blue light filter from the Note 7. The only issues with the Beta so far is that VR isn't working and the FB app sometimes FCs. I don't use Gear VR and use Metal so it won't affect me. And no, this will not screw up your phone. You don't need to be rooted for this to work as it's a signed OTA. If you want to go back to MM, just use ODIN to reflash the PH1 firmware. QED.

Thanks!
    You mentioned it is reversible? How? Oh I see... Odin. Scares the hell out of me. I'll pass but thanks for the 411
    11-13-2016 10:37 AM
    Yeah I was just on the site. All of the topics that I'm seeing are requiring you to use Odin. I'm not seeing anything where you just download the OTA to your SD Card and just install it in reboot recovery mode. Most of the topics are all saying to connect the phone to the computer with a whole bunch of steps...
    recDNA likes this.
    11-13-2016 10:48 AM
    Regular Gear S2 working just fine here. The Gear app updated after the OS update.
    Ditto here. In fact, as my S2 was disconnecting from Bluetooth overnight and had to be reconnected each morning before the update, the beta is working even better than MM was most recently.
    11-13-2016 11:23 AM
584 ... 34567 ...