s7 edge 7.0 beta thread

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed yesterday was a call dropping twice on Bluetooth in my car. I'm not sure if the call actually dropped or just the Bluetooth cutting out. I am thinking it was the Bluetooth connectivity.

joshmil

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I am on T-mobile and since the Beta 3 update I am getting pop-ups saying the system UI has stopped. I have tried to clear the cache, but I did get one after clearing. It is intermittent at best.

I am just curious if anybody else if having the same issue? I have not seen anybody else mention the same issue.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
You won't get 8+ hours SOT if you are playing games. Posting to forums and browsing the Internet maybe. I would have to think watching YouTube would put a drain on the battery as well. Just being in an average reception area will drain the battery considerably. I would think that getting 8+ hours would be a combination of having great reception and not taxing the processor.

Correct, I don't game but I do use youtube and other streaming services frequently plus I have both Tidal and Spotify memberships. Reception varies from good (home) to flaky ( work). Frequent wifi use depending on where I am.

Like I said, 8 hours plus every time. If Nougat can replicate that good but according to the pre release blurb it really should do better. - Can't see any evidence of that yet but I will wait for the public release to be test driven.

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
On Verizon and can't get in the beta program. SOT currently is averaging 2 to 2.5 hours with only 9 to 12 hours battery life.. Hoping Nougat can improve those numbers.. Much, much worse than my Note 7 was.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I am on T-mobile and since the Beta 3 update I am getting pop-ups saying the system UI has stopped. I have tried to clear the cache, but I did get one after clearing. It is intermittent at best.

I am just curious if anybody else if having the same issue? I have not seen anybody else mention the same issue.
What is the build number of beta 3? I'm not getting this error, but I only downloaded the beta approximately 32 hours ago.
Here's my build number...
fcca52c15bb0df2b665f5bab3560ba06.jpg

kbennett65

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have any issues using a Gear device after the update?

it says right on the download info that the beta is not compatible with the Gear. You'll either have to wait for the official or roll back to 6 if this is a deal breaker for you. This is the beta just released [I am on Sprint if that might make a difference].

Last edited:

kbennett65

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Looks like this update breathes new life into the s7 edge. I can't wait for an official roll out since I missed the beta.

Hopefully somebody told you already...they re-opened the beta. I just downloaded the update, haven't installed yet as I am running a full back-up to my PC in case something goes south and I need to rollback to MM

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully somebody told you already...they re-opened the beta. I just downloaded the update, haven't installed yet as I am running a full back-up to my PC in case something goes south and I need to rollback to MM

It hasn't been reopened for Verizon apparently yet.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this on the review page of the beta app. Looks like it's time to give up and go back to using my Note 7.

Attachments

• 4417.jpg
    4417.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 54

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this on the review page of the beta app. Looks like it's time to give up and go back to using my Note 7.
Smh sounds like something they would do. Had a verizon s7 edge that I gave up for the note 7. So glad that I went for a t-mobile s7 edge this go around.

Mikeysvt02

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed yesterday was a call dropping twice on Bluetooth in my car. I'm not sure if the call actually dropped or just the Bluetooth cutting out. I am thinking it was the Bluetooth connectivity.

Yep. Same thing has happened to me about 3 different occasions now while driving. Random amounts of duration of call it will cut out and I have to disable Bluetooth to continue talking or wait 30 secs or so for it to reconnect. Very strange behavior.... Lol

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
it says right on the download info that the beta is not compatible with the Gear. You'll either have to wait for the official or roll back to 6 if this is a deal breaker for you. This is the beta just released [I am on Sprint if that might make a difference].

You're thinking of the VR only (I meant watch, should have said Gear S) and the third beta added the functionality again.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had beta3 and appreciate the resizing options in the quick settings and being able to have the brightness slider on the first notification shade again.

I've gotten the system UI stopped error once. hasn't happened since.

Did a day with Normal performance setting with highest screen resolution. also did a day with performance mode on - I don't like the persistent icon for it. I get that they don't want you using it all the time but I also didn't see that much of a battery hit from keeping it on all day. Next I'll check out normal with 1080p resolution just to see if that really does anything. Mostly Ive been getting 3-4h screen on time - about the same as on marshmallow.

One thing that really bothered me when I first installed the beta was it defaulted to zoomed in display scaling and that really F'ed up my google now launcher where all but a handful of my icons remained and pretty much all of a my widgets were removed. And I didn't quite remember where everything had previously been but damned if I had a couple of days of annoyance due to muscle memory of where things ought to be but no recollection of which specific apps belonged where until I had a need to use it and it wasn't in its usual place.

So far nougat is pretty stable and I am digging it. Brought some new life to my phone.

AOD is so much better - I didn't even AOD for the first 6 months of owning the phone since it was pretty useless to me. Before the nougat beta I tried it out for a day or 2 with the limited update it got but with 3rd party notifications and being able to double tap an icon to wake up the phone has made it very useful. Should have been like that from the start!

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Nougat ... waste of time?

Seems to me Nougat is largely a wasted opportunity.

There seems to be very little new, much of it being small changes in looks, not all good.

Still not a fully featured AOD, no new audio settings, no apparent improvement in battery performance, no new screen White Balance adjustment (removed). They have given us a call screen that changes colour ... erm, yes.

All in all this seems disappointingly thinly featured for a new OS. I like to think that more effort has been spent on underlying security. Perhaps they made it easier for manufacturers to embed crxxxware which we can't get rid of?

Awaiting the final release but I am certainly not in a rush to change on the basis of what I've seen.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nougat ... waste of time?

What about the seamless update to new versions of Android similar to Chrome. Well, to be fair, they said that this feature will be only on smartphones that shipped with Nougat.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nougat ... waste of time?

Seems to me Nougat is largely a wasted opportunity.

There seems to be very little new, much of it being small changes in looks, not all good.

Still not a fully featured AOD, no new audio settings, no apparent improvement in battery performance, no new screen White Balance adjustment (removed). They have given us a call screen that changes colour ... erm, yes.

All in all this seems disappointingly thinly featured for a new OS. I like to think that more effort has been spent on underlying security. Perhaps they made it easier for manufacturers to embed crxxxware which we can't get rid of?

Awaiting the final release but I am certainly not in a rush to change on the basis of what I've seen.

What's wrong with the AOD? I haven't noticed anything missing now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon