s7 edge 7.0 beta thread

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Posted by Samsung in the members app... that's it for us Verizon users.

I got this as well. So, good thing I didn't bet!

Damn.

This is pretty dumb, since I'm running smoothly on the Beta 2 and I'm not aware of any sort of widespread Verizon issues in the Beta.

I'll stick with my first guess (for the delay thast is now the end) about them being irked that Samsung left something in that Verizon wants to monetize.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been saying all along that, with the N7 fiasco, Samsung would want Nougat for S7 & S7E out sooner than later. In fact, I'd said here somewhere that I wouldn't be surprsied if we all had it by the end of the year.

It just dawned on me that the reason Verizon's Beta may be done is because Verizon's official release is imminent.

I haven't had any significant issues with my S7E on the Verizon Beta 2. I'm sure some folks have, that's a given, but I haven't seen reports of widespread problems from our carrier variants.

Soooo...maybe...

beri

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been saying all along that, with the N7 fiasco, Samsung would want Nougat for S7 & S7E out sooner than later. In fact, I'd said here somewhere that I wouldn't be surprsied if we all had it by the end of the year.

It just dawned on me that the reason Verizon's Beta may be done is because Verizon's official release is imminent.

I haven't had any significant issues with my S7E on the Verizon Beta 2. I'm sure some folks have, that's a given, but I haven't seen reports of widespread problems from our carrier variants.

Soooo...maybe...

Can't say I've had any issue either, just that pesky WiFi bug that disconnects every so often. I see your point though, might be on to something

rizzo269

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Kind of bummed that us Verizon users aren't getting the 3rd beta but I haven't had any big problems on 2. My MMS acts weird sometimes with Textra but that's about it.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Can't say I've had any issue either, just that pesky WiFi bug that disconnects every so often. I see your point though, might be on to something

The notification to Beta testers said we'd be upgraded to the official release 'early next year." While that is certainly the most likely possibility, it's also carryover language from the original sign up, if I'm not mistaken.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The notification to Beta testers said we'd be upgraded to the official release 'early next year." While that is certainly the most likely possibility, it's also carryover language from the original sign up, if I'm not mistaken.
You're way too optimistic. Verizon is just screwing us over like always. There's a post on xda from someone who is friends with an insider that says Verizon has a list of demands of things they want that Samsung doesn't want to do. They don't know if that's the reason for no more betas but I'd bet it has something to do with it. They want some crazy stuff from what I saw.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that on my T-Mobile S7 Edge, the display scaling still don't work in any of the three settings. If I try and set one of these, it looks like it wants to change the resolution but doesn't and half, yes, literally the right half of each app icon that is in a folder on my home screen will disappear and I have to reboot.

Wish they would fix that. I know the resolution is not changing because I have a second S7 Edge not on the beta where the scaling works.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with the Samsung Members app? I can open it but cant go into any of the sections. The app just froze. My phone didn't freeze though.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that on my T-Mobile S7 Edge, the display scaling still don't work in any of the three settings. If I try and set one of these, it looks like it wants to change the resolution but doesn't and half, yes, literally the right half of each app icon that is in a folder on my home screen will disappear and I have to reboot.

Wish they would fix that. I know the resolution is not changing because I have a second S7 Edge not on the beta where the scaling works.
The display resolution and scaling are 2 different settings. You can have QHD settings with large or small scaling. I am guessing maybe your home screen has too many icons across which may cause it to freak out once you change the settings.
I have T-mobile and it seems to work fine.
There's screen zoom and screen resolution.

b87f58ee4ae39eb5f0776505e577f32c.jpg

4a6af04d61a5b75ef6ec8e24e4868da5.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The display resolution and scaling are 2 different settings. You can have QHD settings with large or small scaling. I am guessing maybe your home screen has too many icons across which may cause it to freak out once you change the settings.
I have T-mobile and it seems to work fine.
There's screen zoom and screen resolution.
Here's what I am talking about. It doesn't work on any of the three settings.

Screenshot_20161206-044455.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So, I just had the best usage time that I have had on my S7 Edge almost since I bought it back in March. My problem was that I was using Adguard to block ads in apps and that was the biggest app using a huge amount of my battery. I could rarely get past two hrs over 1-2 days standby.

I disabled Adguard and used the phone entirely without it on this battery cycle and got just under 4 hrs with 1 day, 10 hrs standby. I may just use Adguard when using an app or two that is over run by ads and I know of a few like that.

I have a second S7 Edge not on the beta that I will also disable Adguard on and try it out today to see how much time I can get.

Pretty happy with the beta so far despite the few bugs.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That just changes the resolution, not the scaling.
Click on Font under display settings and under SCREEN ZOOM there are 3 settings. Select small.
I know how to do that. I am simply talking about what I posted in my screen cap, It simply doesn't work. All three of those settings gives the same exact resolution.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I know how to do that. I am simply talking about what I posted in my screen cap, It simply doesn't work. All three of those settings gives the same exact resolution.
Mine works and I'm on beta 2. The screen looks no different when you change the resolution. So how are you determining it's no different? I downloaded an app to check resolution and it's changing every time I change it.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. Maybe I just misunderstood. You said changing the resolution causes your home screen to freak out a little and the changes do not happen, correct? Your screen shot showed the resolution screen not the screen zoom settings.

So, you change the resolution then go back in the settings and it still shows the previous resolution settings? You don't happen to have any lock on your home screen settings that's preventing any changes, do you?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Beta 3? What carrier? I'm been on beta 3 with T-mobile since it came out don't have any updates available. I also don't have the Close All apps button at the bottom like your update states.
Must be different fixes depending on carrier.

Unlocked European. This is the third full version that's I've seen now (there was a small update in the middle that fixed FB that would make it four).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac