s7 edge 7.0 beta thread

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone get a notification saying that they were accepted into the program, or did it just say there was an OTA update and download the nougat beta. I am on T-Mobile and wondering if I was accepted or if I on not getting it. I am qualified for it and really want to get it. Anybody know about it.
I'm on Sprint and I just signed up and it stated that I was registered. Didn't receive anything else I just took a chance and went to settings and checked for updates and it was there for me to download.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
When I tried yesterday I got a message stating they reached their allowable amount of people so basically it's not offered anymore, just to a specific amount of people
I kept getting that message but didn't give up and got in yesterday. I'm on Sprint and I just received beta software today.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I can't find the OTA for Sprint anywhere on the site. All I'm seeing are roms and stuff for rooting the phone. If someone found a link for the OTA for Sprint can you please post the link? XDA is one mess of a site...
I'm on Sprint and I just signed up yesterday for the beta testing software and today it was in there to be updated. I didn't receive any update notification but when I went into settings and checked for updates it was in there.

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
8631045c1a1c62dc80a04b6b747d8c90.jpg
I'm on Beta 3 with Sprint and just got a new update! Downloading now

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Anybody else noticing a hit on battery life with the latest update?

From day 1 battery on nougat has been great for me, however; after installing the latest update mine is draining quicker i.e. 5% in an hour just sitting in my pocket on standby

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else noticing a hit on battery life with the latest update?

From day 1 battery on nougat has been great for me, however; after installing the latest update mine is draining quicker i.e. 5% in an hour just sitting in my pocket on standby

I noticed this to but after going into recovery clearing the cache it helped the battery

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Seems like every update, the battery life has gotten a little worse. I've cleared cache, but nothing seems to help much. According to GSam in now using around 7% per hour using the middle setting on power save. I was around 5.5% per hour on MM.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Is Samsung pay supposed to work on beta? I thought I read that the early builds did not work and now it should. Maybe I am just confusing this with the VR compatibility which now works.
I just went into a CVS to use it for the first time on the Nougat beta and it gave me some message about the card being chip enabled and it wouldn't work. I think the old lady being the register had something to do with it not working. She also had to add "that won't work" right as I was trying it. Of all the times I really wanted this to work and silence her, of course it didn't.

returnmyjedi

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I am an unlocked phone it was on Vodafone but had them unlock it. I'm in the UK yet all I ever get when trying to even find the beta program is this

If you bought it direct from Vodafone it's still seen as a carrier locked phone, even if they unlock it for you at a later date. To get an actual unlocked phone in the UK you have to buy direct from Samsung, from Three, or from a third party seller such as Carphone Warehouse or Clove.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you bought it direct from Vodafone it's still seen as a carrier locked phone, even if they unlock it for you at a later date. To get an actual unlocked phone in the UK you have to buy direct from Samsung, from Three, or from a third party seller such as Carphone Warehouse or Clove.

Three phones are carrier locked

tonyron227

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Is Samsung pay supposed to work on beta? I thought I read that the early builds did not work and now it should. Maybe I am just confusing this with the VR compatibility which now works.
I just went into a CVS to use it for the first time on the Nougat beta and it gave me some message about the card being chip enabled and it wouldn't work. I think the old lady being the register had something to do with it not working. She also had to add "that won't work" right as I was trying it. Of all the times I really wanted this to work and silence her, of course it didn't.

Samsung Pay had an update within the Galaxy App that fixed the problem...

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Seems like every update, the battery life has gotten a little worse. I've cleared cache, but nothing seems to help much. According to GSam in now using around 7% per hour using the middle setting on power save. I was around 5.5% per hour on MM.

Me too, mine is significantly worse with the latest update I'm talking 5-7% an hour just sitting with the screen off in standby.

Is there any way to roll back to the previous version?

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Me too, mine is significantly worse with the latest update I'm talking 5-7% an hour just sitting with the screen off in standby.

Is there any way to roll back to the previous version?

Only thing you can do for sure is roll back to mm by connecting to smart switch on a pc. Or find a previous version and flash iy.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the latest beta a couple of days ago and the last 2 days my smart lock will forget my charge HR as a trusted device. Usually in the middle of the day even though my phone had been connected to it fine and I hadn't restarted or anything.

Just randomly it'll have a "add charge hr as trusted device?" notification and make me add it again.

It hasn't forgotten any of my other trusted Bluetooth devices or trusted places. Just the one it is constantly connected to all day.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the latest beta a couple of days ago and the last 2 days my smart lock will forget my charge HR as a trusted device. Usually in the middle of the day even though my phone had been connected to it fine and I hadn't restarted or anything.

Just randomly it'll have a "add charge hr as trusted device?" notification and make me add it again.

It hasn't forgotten any of my other trusted Bluetooth devices or trusted places. Just the one it is constantly connected to all day.

Huh that's strange I have a charge he 2 haven't had this issue. Do you have the widget running where it shows in your motivation shade. I attached a screenshot of it

Attachments

• 161.jpg
    161.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 52