Hi I recently had to stop using my Note7 and went back to my Note3. I plan on buying the S7 Edge very soon and I'm wondering if you can tell me how I would be able to use the exact same default keyboard from the Note3 on the S7 Edge? Here is a video of the keyboard (they seem to have it in some dark color mode but the layout is the same) From what I read every new verysion of the samsung keyboard is called "samsung keyboard" so i don't know how to identify that specific one.

A lot of forum questions seem to be answered with alternatives so i think I should mention my priorities are different than most people's. I have had 3 traumas to the same eye and i simply type much more accurately with this keyboard. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!
    11-12-2016 04:16 AM
    I am not sure the keyboard can be moved to a newer device. It will depend if the keyboard is signed to a specific device. I had one time where I tried pulling the calendar from my Galaxy Tab to my S3 and it didn't work. Since we are talking about moving a phone apk to another phone it may not be a big deal.
    11-12-2016 09:48 AM
    I am not sure the keyboard can be moved to a newer device. It will depend if the keyboard is signed to a specific device. I had one time where I tried pulling the calendar from my Galaxy Tab to my S3 and it didn't work. Since we are talking about moving a phone apk to another phone it may not be a big deal.
    In order to do that, there are any number of APK extractors in the Play Store. I'd look for the best rated one and give it a try on the Note 3. I can't say from memory if everything is displayed as extractable in an apk extractor. It may be that the Samsung Keyboard isn't, but it doesn't hurt to try.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking it won't work. I haven't had much luck with this type of thing (using an apk tied to a specific phone on another phone), although I haven't specifically tried it with a keyboard apk. It may be that your best alternative will be a third party keyboard, but good luck with this. I hope it works for you.
    11-12-2016 11:34 AM
    I should have added that I think the reason this apk extraction idea will fail is because you're going to have a newer version of the Samsung Keyboard already on the S7E, and it is a system app (so it can't be uninstalled without root).
    11-12-2016 11:37 AM
    I should have added that I think the reason this apk extraction idea will fail is because you're going to have a newer version of the Samsung Keyboard already on the S7E, and it is a system app (so it can't be uninstalled without root).
    I'm honestly thinking the OP is going to run into some kind of signature issue... similar to what you are referring to.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    11-12-2016 02:15 PM
    You can get a similar layout with the Samsung keyboard on the S7 Edge. Scroll down to the bottom of the keyboard settings and activate HIGH CONTRAST KEYBOARDS.
    11-12-2016 03:03 PM