HELP! My phone still won't charge after 12 hours

Vernel Designs

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I am a new android user and have the S7 edge. I got the phone wet yesterday at the beach taking photos with my work team and the phone was working fine. I saw it was under 10% so I grabbed the charger a few hours after the beach and charged my phone. There was the moisture detected msg which I expected reading about the S7 edge.

I tried wiping with dry cloth, hair dryer on low heat and leaving it alone for more than 10 hours just so it will dry out. However, my phone still won't charge and the battery is already drained. I turned it on a few mins ago when I still had 1% and there was nothing wrong with functionality, just the charging.

Please help. What else can I do? I know about the wireless charging and I will go get one but I need to know if the charging port is totally ****ed or not

Vernel Designs

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I am doing that right now.. I just checked it after 3 hrs being in the bag and tried turning on the phone, turns on no problem but as it is drained, it dies right away. Tried charging but still won't charge but phone works fine with the few seconds I had it on. My phone is totally dry now though except for maybe in the charging port as it says moisture detected.

Vernel Designs

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
No, no sand. we were in the middle of the ocean on a boat and took a few photos while on the boat. It has been off since last night and just left alone but until now, I still can't charge.

Vernel Designs

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
The rice magic works.. I just got my phone out the bag and tried plugging it in the charger and it's now working fine. Charging as of the moment.. Thanks everyone for the help

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh dear, I am not sure how well these phones handle Salt Water, it can do all kinds of weird things to electronics, you may just have to get a Wireless Charger for now.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Oh dear, I am not sure how well these phones handle Salt Water, it can do all kinds of weird things to electronics, you may just have to get a Wireless Charger for now.

You are not supposed to take it in saltwater.

It will not charge until the charging port is totally dry. This is to protect itself, logically. Electricity and water don't go together very well. Not just that, Samsung waterproofs it's phones by coating internal parts rather than blocking ports hence saltwater can attack the coating and anything else internal.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
You are not supposed to take it in saltwater.

It will not charge until the charging port is totally dry. This is to protect itself, logically. Electricity and water don't go together very well. Not just that, Samsung waterproofs it's phones by coating internal parts rather than blocking ports hence saltwater can attack the coating and anything else internal.

Samsung use a mix of coating, rubber seals + gaskets and heavy duty adhesives. The ports have rubber seals behind them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12