Glass protector

K4r3n46

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking for a good glass protector for my s7 edge. I have bought a couple from eBay which turned out rubbish so I then paid out £25 for a Zagg one and that peeled off the next day so before buying another one I wondered what other people have used and found to be good?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
4a8d9466436ea7ded73c0e8264369b1c.jpg
Very satisfied with this one. It's very case friendly.
c5c7ffa04e50fc35726b68b5bc4ba405.jpg
0b8ebbb9f7dae05c591ce6323bfbca73.jpg
9cd9a5a116dc35661c2ac79d67bc9a3c.jpg

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, it probably doesn't matter which tempered glass protector you get - they're all about the same. Any of them can be made to stay on very easily. Just put a TINY dab of clear silicone seal on each of the 4 corners of the phone before installing the protector. By pressing down on the 4 corners, the silicone seal will flatten to almost no height, but will help keep the screen protector on. I have no touch-issues and my tempered glass protector has been on for months now with no problems. This works with the cheapest glass protector (I suspect ALL of them are made in the same factory in China).

Hints:
1) Only use a tiny amount of silicone seal - I use the tip of an eyeglass screwdriver to apply it.
2) Be sure to let the silicone dry overnight before using the phone.
3) Try to avoid the two bottom capacitive keys with the silicone seal.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Though I'm very very satisfied with the Tanaab protector I found and recommend it highly I think Samsung should do one of these things:
1. include (or at least sell) their own TGSP
2. use a material that is more scratch resistant (regular watch faces seem to be more scratch resistant than Corning's Gorilla Glass)
3. Stop trying to be cute using these curved screens that serve no practical or functional purpose so 3rd parties can more easily meet the demand for screen protection.

Of course, no one is made to buy Samsung phones but I don't think the above suggestions would hurt Samsung's profits or market share in any significant way.

K4r3n46

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes I totally agree Samsung should at least have a screen protector to go with it! I did email them and they said it wouldn't be fair to recommend one. So I now have an expensive phone without protection. At the moment I have a cheep film on it as I did drop my phone and it hit the edge and cracked the screen not badly and I could of carried on using it but it was affecting the led in the screen so had to get it repaired had I not had insurance it would of cost me £200. If I'd known how delicate and difficult it was to get screen protectors I would have f just got the S7.

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I gave up withe glass 3D ones and now have the cheap soft plastic moldable plastic covers on my phones, a huge improvement IMO

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
After all they are supposed to be Gorilla glass. I just work on the theory that the sticky plastic cover just should help to resist the glass shattering.

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i went to verizon and had one put on and it stated to come off before i even left there told them to take this junk off my and and went to stapels and got Hip Street Liquid-Armour Screen Protector and no problems dont have to worry about it coming off and with my OtterBox Strada case i feel very well protected

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I just bought these for mine and my wife's. They are set to arrive tomorrow so we'll see how they go.

They had the best reviews of many we looked at. Unfortunately with the curved display looks like they all are difficult to get to stay.

Most have recommended a standard style cover as the best solution but we thought we would give these a try as we have kids who regularly handle our phones and I have been saved time and time again by having a tempered glass protector on my screen.

Guess we'll see! I'll keep you posted if I can. Headed out of the country on a trip so should be a good time to test it out. Praying I don't hate myself for getting it.

Redlink Samsung S7 Edge Tempered Glass Screen Protector 3D Curved Full Coverage Ultra Clear Shatter-& Scratch-Proof Screen Protector for Samsung S7 Edge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M699KZ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5565081

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
You might also see if you can find one that doesn't cover the curved portion, that may help them to stay if they are only on the flat surface. Not perfect protection but may be a good solution.